cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: clarification on messaging mods

Samagapito
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi i have 12 gb for 3 months but I have reached 12 g in 1 month I use WiFi 80% of the time why have i reached 12gb
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks for moving this, @srlawren!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Samagapito I agreed with @wetcoaster so I loved your post to it's own thread. 

And I like the suggestoins he or she made. Please check your phone's data usage info to see what apps are sucking up your data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Samagapito wrote:
Hi i have 12 gb for 3 months but I have reached 12 g in 1 month I use WiFi 80% of the time why have i reached 12gb

@SamagapitoYou should create a new topic for your question. This thread has a) a topic that doesn't relate to your issue and b) has a solution check mark, so many community members will not read this.

Here is a link to the Knowledge Base re: data management: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

Your phone has an app manager which should tell you which app is eating the majority of your data allotment. Turn off background data etc where it makes sense.

You don't mention what phone you use... I'm not an Iphone user but there are reports that Iphones have a WiFi assist option, which is supplementing the WiFi signal (if it thinks it's needed...). Turn that off to avoid additional data usage.

Need Help? Let's chat.