cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

kwak
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I moved mobile phone service from public mobile to shaw and I want to keep my phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.I reported it shaw customer service.  Shaw customer service told me I will get a confirmation message from public mobile. At that time, I made mistake I changed sim card from public to shaw therefore I did not get a message. Now I put in public mobile sim card and called shaw customer service to ask to public mobile and send me message but I did not get a message from public mobile.please help me out

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kwak wrote:

I moved mobile phone service from public mobile to shaw and I want to keep my phone number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.I reported it shaw customer service.  Shaw customer service told me I will get a confirmation message from public mobile. At that time, I made mistake I changed sim card from public to shaw therefore I did not get a message. Now I put in public mobile sim card and called shaw customer service to ask to public mobile and send me message but I did not get a message from public mobile.please help me out

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@kwak 

Is your Public Mobile account active? You can only port/transfer your phone number to Shaw if you status is current ACTIVE. If it is, then have Shaw re initiate the transfer process.

If the PM account is in suspended status, you will need to activate it (ideally to the cheapest plan of $15), then you can transfer the number.

IF the account has been suspended for more than 90 days, than the number and account is lost, and you cannot transfer it out.

@kwak 

Public mobile sends porting authorization texts between 11am and 8pm eastern. If you don't recieve the text from pm in the morning you can follow these instructions....

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our moderator team who will be able to assist you.

We hope that you found this helpful! Feel free to visit this Help Article for more information. 

- The Public Mobile Team

@kwak wrote:

This isn't an issue related to the Public Mobile service.  The message from Public Mobile needed to be replied to within 90 minutes.  Shaw customer service is responsible for providing you with all customer service and support for this transition.  Shaw can reinitiate this request for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.