cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: No Data on iPhone 6 iOS 10

majbah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I just moved to Public Mobile yesterday. Tried everything but still data is not working for my iphone6. 

i have followed the apn: sp.mb.com

mobile store guy tried a lot then suggested to call apple

called apple they tried and then sugested they can't help

still not working..

Any other help would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@luke11992 wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I recommend updating to the latest software 11.4.1

I'm still on iOS 10 and haven't had any data issues. Most people have still been sayin iOS 11 has been terrible, and kills the functionality of the older iPhones.

Ok, but this guy is having data issues, so I recommend updating to the latest software and that should populate his apn properly. 

Rockdaddy22

@luke11992 wrote:

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

I'm still on iOS 10 and haven't had any data issues. Most people have still been sayin iOS 11 has been terrible, and kills the functionality of the older iPhones.

Sorry I meant it for people who are having issues setting their apn

Rockdaddy22

You could also try this, people have had success with this in the past.  https://www.unlockit.co.nz/fw/

Rockdaddy22

tazzy_s
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What carrier were you with prior to coming to PM, depending on the carrier, you had, you may need to do a factory reset with iphone (use the erase all content and settings the device,since if you use itunes it will force you to update to 11.4.1 so not recommended if you want to keep your ios 10.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:

Rockdaddy22

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@majbah wrote:

I just moved to Public Mobile yesterday. Tried everything but still data is not working for my iphone6. 

What do you see in Settings -> General -> About under the "Carrier" line?  It should be "Public Mobile 32.0" as of this writing.  It is the configuration profile that defines things like APN for you.

Have you been connected to WiFi (preferrably your home/office WiFi where you don't have to authenticate and you know it's good) since you moved to Public Mobile?  Unfortunately it's a bit of chicken-and-egg, where you can't download the carrier settings profile without data, but you can't get data until you update the profile.  If you have WiFi, then you can get the carrier settings that way (Settings -> General -> Software Update), but it's a step people often overlook/miss...

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@majbah Try the following:

- toggle airplane mode ON then OFF

- login to your account and confirm that you have a data plan and that data shows under Data & Add-ons

- go to Settings >> General >> About: if  a carrier update is offered install it

- go to Settings >> Cellular >> Cellular Data Options >> Cellular Data Network >> scroll to bottom and Reset Settings

- go to Settings >> VPN: of green turn OFF

- does your phone connet to the internet with wifi

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@stonechucker wrote:

Check for a carrier update.  @Luddite is the iPhone king... he might have a suggestion 🙂

@majbah @Rockdaddy22 is another great iOS resource... paging one of you fine gents to assist.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@majbah Check for a carrier update.  @Luddite is the iPhone king... he might have a suggestion 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.