cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: In-store activated SIM card won't work

harisfazelyar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Mary! I'm having issues activating my new sim card. I got the $40 deal with unlimited calling and texting and with 4.5GB data. I went through the application process online and just as I pressed "activate", it took me to a page that said "file not found, server error" or something like that. I got a text from a 611 number saying my new pin is xxxxxxxxxxxxx.  I'm not sure what that pin is for or what I'm supposed to do with it. Also the person who referred me got a text saying the referral code has been used. But when I put the sim in, my phone says no service and it doesn't work. My phone is eligible but for some reason it doesn't work. What can I do? There's no customer service number or anything to call either for help. I was told by a friend that you could help. I tried sending you a private message it wouldn't let me. I hope you see this and help me resolve my issue. Thanks!

Edited by computergeek541: account information removed

2 REPLIES 2

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

The pin is for logging in to your phone when dialing 611.

Best to remove your personal info like your email address and pin, phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.

To remove your personal information, find your original post.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Edit Reply." From there just delete the information or use X's or # signs to show where it would have been.

Have you set up a self serve account? You have to do it yourself when you activate in store. It would be interesting to see what your overview page says, @harisfazelyar .

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think Mary is no longer a moderator.  Click on the bottom right question mark and submit a ticket using Simon.

Need Help? Let's chat.