cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change account email

Karen151
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up yesterday, I can access the community but can't log in...Forgot email and password...My user name is karen151,  Thank You

14 REPLIES 14

@Karen151 wrote:

And I'm a customer but my fone died 'n had to get a new one so now I can't use it until I activate sim

@Karen151  - do you have a Public Mobile SIM card in the 'dead' phone? If so, you should just be able to remove that SIM card and insert it into your new phone (if the SIM slots are the same size). The SIM you received will have removable adapters that can be removed if needed.

Once you moved your SIM over to the new phone, give it a restart. Totally power if off, then start it up again.

Not a bad idea to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings also.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@Karen151    If you got a new phone, you don't need to do anything in the account, just take out your SIM card from the old phone and insert it into the new phone and reboot.

Karen151

And I'm a customer but my fone died 'n had to get a new one so now I can't use it until I activate sim

Karen151

What  is a referral code?

@Karen151  - why can't you use the activation pages online ? Are you receiving any errors or messages doing so?

If this is just to activate a SIM card you could try using this tool for the: Public Mobile Online Activation Assistance

But I believe it is closed for the evening now:

"HOURS OF OPERATION: 8:00am - 5:00pm PST / 11:00am - 8:00pm EST"

Karen151

They closed all the stores in Ontario, Canada 😞

Karen151

I just got a new fone 'n can't log in but I can go to community...I just want activate my sim card....total useless, been trying all day ...so frustrating

@Karen151 wrote:

Trying to activate sim card but I can't log in

@Karen151  - so are you already an existing Public Mobile customer and you are just trying to SWAP your SIM card number on your existing account?

If so, and you cannot access your self serve account to do so, have you tried the Forgot your password option?

If that is failing then you will need to submit a ticket with CSA for help to access (or create if you activated instore) your self serve account.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

But if you never activated with Public Mobile account before, then you don't log in to anything. You just follow the

activation process here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

Karen151

I'm not getting anywheres in this way...Is there a 800 number to call in Canada

Karen151

Trying to activate sim card but I can't log in

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Karen151 

You should got an email welcoming you to PM. Conduct a search through all your emails.

Once you found this email with the email address used then click Forgot Password and answer the security question.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Karen151   Your login for the self serve account is your email and password.   If you have forgotten your email/password and unable to reset it yourself by clicking the password reset option, then submit a ticket via  chatbot and ask for a password reset.  Here's a link to chatbot:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

You are already logged into the community account with your username Karen151 as mentioned by @esjliv .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Karen151 - if you have not activated a SIM card yet, you can do that here: https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/portal/activation

During this process you will be able to create credentials for a Self Serve log in account where you will have access to your public Mobile account and manage the account accordingly.

fyi, the purchasing of the SIM card and phones are different login accounts and credentials than your Community account.

As well, the Self Serve account is a 3rd set of login credentials (this account though is for current Public Mobile with SIM cards that were activated customers only).

edit, don't forgot to use a referral code when activating the SIM card for your bonus credit on your future renewals.

Karen151

I just got new phone 'n trying to activate sim card

Need Help? Let's chat.