cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Phones: F.A.Q

Itsmynumber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to place an order for Certified Pre-Order ZTE Cymbal 2 (free sim card included) today but all I managed to order is the $10 plus tax SIM card.  I need this phone and I want a flip phone. I am able to show up for curbside pick up at like the closest mall to my address.  I will update again when I get my SIM.  I just wanted to make sure I log my order. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

Itsmynumber

Dear all,

I am happy to announce that I have safely transferred my existing SIM card to my new phone.  I love It!  I now have two extra brand new SIM cards.  One from telus and one from public mobile.  I need new headphones so if you would like to trade working headphones for SIM card. Please PM me.  Thx!

Itsmynumber

As expected, I got just a SIM card.  I am going to bring all my phone in and ask about Certified Pre-Owned phone.  I have in my possession at least 5 phones I used for my number!  I took good care of them!  I might still need them in the future for "play" as prop.  I was prop assistant for a local theatre group.  I might want to use a simple phone at my current place of employment because I want to limit the phone function to just phone and text.  I have an extra SIM card now.

I am still trying to determine if I want a personal number, being my existing long time number. As well as a work number. But I don't want to continue to hold onto the broken parts in case some people need parts from my broken phones.

Anyhow I am gonna browse this forum now to see what information I can find and how much information on this forum is outdated, incorrect or missing.

Edit. I just re-read the announcement about Certified Pre-Owned phone and it was very helpful. I click on two links provided for further details and ignored all msges that followed the first post.

Edit. Up there was a.m. morning post. It is now almost bed time. 947 pm.  There was not much stock when I went to the Bestbuy today. I noticed on my best buy receipt come with a customer service 4-part-key and I automatically get manufacturers warranty including parts and labour.

So yeah. I am just gonna try my new phone out over the weekend! So excited to be back with a flip phone with a keypad.

Itsmynumber

I got my order notification, how exciting. I am an existing customer.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmynumber 

that device is not showing to Buy Now.....this means that the phone is no longer in stock for sale..

@Itsmynumber wrote:

@Anonymous 

I guess worse case scenario I'll lose that $10.  I tried calling best buy today and no one picked up the phone.  I didn't want to show up in person because I am a little sick so I wanted to make sure they had stock.  The number I got from their website for the local store was a 1-866 number... no one answered.

The SIM card that you ordered from the Public Mobile website is required to activate Public Mobile service.  Your purchase from Best Buy won't include a Public Mobile SIM card, but depending on the product that you purchase, the one from Best Buy is likely brand new vs. a used/CPO device from Public Mobile.

Itsmynumber

@Anonymous 

I guess worse case scenario I'll lose that $10.  I tried calling best buy today and no one picked up the phone.  I didn't want to show up in person because I am a little sick so I wanted to make sure they had stock.  The number I got from their website for the local store was a 1-866 number... no one answered.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Itsmynumber : I don't think there's any curbside pickup service.

I think I would contact the CSA's to cancel the SIM order and then try again to buy the phone (and get the SIM with it).

Need Help? Let's chat.