cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Incomplete Port Problem...please help.

kuzi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi...I ported my number from Fido last night at around 8:30pm...i received a text message from Public Mobile about 30 minutes later saying "Your transfer request has been completed successfully".  I can now make calls using my ported in number but receiving calls is where the issue is.  If someone calls me and they are with Rogers/Fido, the call doesn't come through but if someone calls me from a Bell/Telus number, then the call comes through fine.  it seems weird that I can receive calls from Telus/bell numbers but not Rogers/Fido...it seems there is a problem with my port.is my port incomplete.

Furthermore, I put my old Fido sim card in another phone and the line is still active.  When someone calls my number from their Rogers/Fido account, it rings on my old Fido Sim card phone so it seems that both lines are still active with the same phone number and I am paying for 2 accounts.

Can someone help?  I tried to PM a moderator last night but haven't heard back from anyone.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

anatasiakwok

@Shazia_K

I saw others post said that you can help me out. i have sent you PM. Please assist. 

Thanks

IbbyK

@anatasiakwok The solution was simple. He waited few about a week or so. The mods saw the message and fixed the issue.

Solution: Contact a Mod and wait for the reply. Patience is the key here.

anatasiakwok

how did you fixed it ? 

kuzi

The issue is now resolved...thanks for fixing it PM.

Especially after a number port, not being able to receive calls from one particular carrier isn't actually that unusual.  For some reason Rogers, still has your phone number pointing to the wrong place.

suefs
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The moderators are fairly busy with all the new clients coming in. I recommend sending them another follow up about your issue and see if you get a response. 

Need Help? Let's chat.