cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about texting (Media etc)

ColderAir
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey first time PM User here, just joined today with a plan that gave unlimited international texting amongst other features, but is this texting limited to text, or does it also include picture and video messaging? 

9 REPLIES 9

ColderAir

Awesome, will do. i appreciate the quick response! Thanks for all the help regarding this question

@ColderAir wrote:

TL;DR 

Video option not found.

Unfortunately on my native messaging app (Oneplus Messages) when I tap the + symbol to add content to a message I can only select *Photos, Camera, Voice Memo, Contacts, Location, Gifs and a few other things* But videos are not available, and searching through my phone's directory in the drives etc I'm not able to select videos. But overall this is ok because I can always email or send send a video through a 3rd party messaging application. Thanks for the help!

That is your phone.  I would suggets a different app. Install stock Google android Messages app and will work. 

Your question was if Public allows, includes video messaging.

The answer is a big yes.   The advantage to do it as mms is because it does not use up your plan data. People without data plan can receive too.  If you use type of app you say, recipent needs regular internet or cell phone data package.

ColderAir

TL;DR 

Video option not found.

Unfortunately on my native messaging app (Oneplus Messages) when I tap the + symbol to add content to a message I can only select *Photos, Camera, Voice Memo, Contacts, Location, Gifs and a few other things* But videos are not available, and searching through my phone's directory in the drives etc I'm not able to select videos. But overall this is ok because I can always email or send send a video through a 3rd party messaging application. Thanks for the help!

@Alex888 wrote:

@ColderAirThe texting includes picture texts but I don't think it includes video.

Yes it does.  Try it.

ColderAir

Thanks for the info!

@Anonymous I tried to find out before too, you would think they would specify that like they do picture messaging.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alex888 wrote:

@ColderAirThe texting includes picture texts but I don't think it includes video.

Admittedly I had to go looking.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ColderAir wrote:

Hey first time PM User here, just joined today with a plan that gave unlimited international texting amongst other features, but is this texting limited to text, or does it also include picture and video messaging? 

Included.

Need Help? Let's chat.