cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile's Customer Service Horrible - My experience (Please make a note)

pmuser1990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Moderators haven't replied since July 31, 2018, which show their professionalism. In return, they can't expect professionalism as well. I haven't been able to use my phone number since then. I was on AutoPay for a 90-day plan. My credit card was already saved on the account. I have received the following text messages from 611 (Public Mobile): July 28 - "Public Mobile her. Just a heads up, your payment is due on Jul 31. If you're on AutoPay or have already paid, please ignore this message." July 29 - "Public Mobile here. Thank you for your payment. Your plan has been successfuly renewed! Let's keep the conversation going." July 31 - "Public Mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at publicmobile.ca/selfserve. If you have recently made a manual payment, please ignore this message." On July 31, when my plan stopped working, I went online and paid the Amount that was due. My credit card is already saved; so didn't have to enter any credit card information. I just selected pay Amount Due. Then it was cleared. It showed Amount Due = $0. Even if I call 611, they say Amount Due is $0. Why did they message that my plan was successfully renewed? I still see Amount Due = $0 on my account website and on the phone by dialing *611. I called the credit card dispute department and they told me to wait till the transaction gets Posted (it is Authorized right now). I just want the refund immediately, so I can use the another cell phone service provider. Not a smart idea to lose customers like this. No services have been rendered for the 90 day prepay plan. This is the experience I am having. I know users like "ShawnC13", "NDesai", "will13am" will always defend Public Mobile. I feel they probably get paid by them to do such thing. Good for them. Of all the Moderators, only Mary took some initiative to reply or try to help, but at the end of the day, she didn't respond as well.
4 REPLIES 4

@pmuser1990 wrote:
"ShawnC13" You are earning awards by saving your ass by defending Public Mobile. I got it. The problem is I can't even change the plan from 90 Day to 30 Day. It only asks me to Top Up to add more money. I can't risk of adding more funds. I'm already dispute the credit card charge.

For the record, we do not earn rewards by defending Public Mobile.  You can read the knowledge base articles on how rewards are earned.  Nowhere does it say we must defend the brand no matter what in order to be rewarded. 

I fully appreciate the angst you are going through.  The ranting serves little purpose.  Have you heard of the expression revenge is a dish best served cold?  Taken literally, you can undertake a much more rational response after the heat of anger has subsided.  Chill out and reassess what works and what doesn't work in this situation. 

pmuser1990
"ShawnC13" You are earning awards by saving your ass by defending Public Mobile. I got it. The problem is I can't even change the plan from 90 Day to 30 Day. It only asks me to Top Up to add more money. I can't risk of adding more funds. I'm already dispute the credit card charge.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pmuser1990, first of all I do not get paid by PM.  I earn rewards just like any other member can.  As for defending them sometimes I do when I think it is needed.  This situation is a system issue that does need to be fixed for sure and has created a HUGE work load for the moderators.  What I always say is that you need a back up plan for if things like this happen.  This is a 3rd tier provider and very very far from perfect (no issues for me that have crippled my service) but as a consumer these are the things you need to be aware of before dealing with any company.  Are you able to manage the risk of something like this possibly happening?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pmuser1990
I still asked them to find me an immediate working solution so I can start using the plan. However, no response. There is nothing I see from my side except Account: Expired and Amount Due = $0. Public Mobile moderators didn't give a **bleep**.
Need Help? Let's chat.