cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion

ahnseong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Congratulations!
Your email was received and is eligible for this offer.

Activate today on any plan $35/month + using the promo code 2GBBONUS. Bonus data will be applied for as long as you’re with us.*

1. When is the due to activate my SIM for the promotion above?  I received the email a few days but I am thinking to activate my SIM next week. Is any chance to loose the promotion before activation?

2. In a SIM card booklet, there is a note 'Before activation, please call TONY for $20-$50 Bonus at 289-996-6688. We help to keep existing phone #s.'  

What is this?  Can I really get the bonus $ ?

17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong : Ok. 🙂

ahnseong

No there is no such a word "by June 4". "Activate today on any plan $35/mo+ using the promo code 2GBBONUS. Bonus data will be applied for as long as you’re with us.*

Oh... that 'Today'  means 'HURRY'. Not real today. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong : From your first post and your image..."Activate today on any plan...".

ahnseong

There was no due date like June 4.  And what do you mean, mine is 'today'?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong : So it's basically saving $5 off the $40 plan (for the $35 plan). If it was last Wed the 19th then it would seem you got in to the Flash Sale. A regular posted that the activation says by Jun 4. But yours says "today". Hmm. You might still get a plan credit too.

Why are you needing to wait until next week? Porting? If this offer interests you then you could get it and then port your number afterwards. You would be double paying for a couple plans in that meantime.

ahnseong

ahnseong_0-1622072738670.png

Yes, the email is from PM.ca 

But there is no details when is due exactly. I don't know if I can activate it next week since I got this confirmation email. 

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ahnseong 

Looks like I learned something new today, thanks to you!  🙂

From what I see, there is no defined time when you must activate as an ongoing special offer from Public Mobile... however, it could disappear without notice ("Limited time.")  Take a look at this discussion for details related to your question... different, but similar:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/2GB-bonus-Promotion/m-p/679152

Hopefully this answers your question now!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong : That looks legit. Did it come from an email address ending with publicmobile.ca?

Edit: See if you can find what that * footnote goes to.

BlueB

That's great... the details of when you need to activate by will be in the Fine Print.

Perhaps another user will know of the current 2gb promo and can give you more details, or if you find the promotion in these Community pages, check any details and you can reply there with questions too.  🙂

ahnseong

ahnseong_0-1622071686070.png

I applied for the promotion posted on PM website a week ago and received the confirmation email above.  

@ahnseong wrote:

I received the email confirmation from PM directly. Yes, it's their recent promotion for sure. 

And I received the SIM booklet from Amazon.  

@ahnseong awe yes, some of those Amazon purchases will slip in some info. so that they get their referral codes used.

But I would be interested in the $20-$50 bonus they are referring to. 🤔

BlueB

@ahnseong 

When exactly did you receive that email?  Public Mobile has run promotions like that in the past, but don't believe there's an active promotion right now.  The current promotion (for which you needed to have registered by May 24) is for a free month.  Double check the fine print for dates for activating that promo.

As for Amazon... wow!  The SIM card should be good, but the "booklet" is likely from a particular seller that I'd be careful about.  The SIM is what matters and I'm really not sure who Tony/Oshawa Mobile is and whether they're reputable or not.

Goodluck!  🙂

ahnseong

I received the email confirmation from PM directly. Yes, it's their recent promotion for sure. 

And I received the SIM booklet from Amazon.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ahnseong : The 2GBBONUS might be a legitimate promo code to use at activation for a new customer.

"Tony" wants you to use his referral code. But he's using rather dubious numbers. Currently, the new customer would get the usual $10 credit using a referral code. Anyone here would be happy to give you theirs if you ask. Getting one un-asked for in your private message inbox is against the rules here.

BlueB

I just want to reinforce what @esjliv mentioned about being wary and doing your research first.  There are many reputable dealers, and you want to make sure that the Oshawa location is one of them.

Edit:  According to Google, that location is Permanently Closed, so I'd be even more concerned if you received this message recently.  Better safe than sorry and activate directly online with a real promotion or through a reputable dealer.  There are lots out there, and Canadian Cell Supplies comes up often.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ahnseong wrote:
Congratulations!
Your email was received and is eligible for this offer.

Activate today on any plan $35/month + using the promo code 2GBBONUS. Bonus data will be applied for as long as you’re with us.*

1. When is the due to activate my SIM for the promotion above?  I received the email a few days but I am thinking to activate my SIM next week. Is any chance to loose the promotion before activation?

2. In a SIM card booklet, there is a note 'Before activation, please call TONY for $20-$50 Bonus at 289-996-6688. We help to keep existing phone #s.'  

What is this?  Can I really get the bonus $ ?

@ahnseong 

1. Was this a Public Mobile text or email you received? Or was it from another source?

2. Where did you get your SIM card from? I would research the source, and I would also be wary about this.

BlueB

@ahnseong 

Where did you get that email from?  Public Mobile does not directly endorse a specific salesperson/company.  You should activate with whomever you're comfortable with, and use a referral code from an existing Public Mobile user (like friend/family member) to get $10 credit too.  🙂

Searching that phone number, it's a store in Oshawa.  Different dealers/sales reps/stores may run different promotions that you'll see up-front.  The official promos are as-listed that dealers have access to and you should get something in-writing for any local promos they offer you.

I'm not sure what that promo is, but the latest one from Public Mobile is getting the third month free if you registered on the website + activate by June 4.  See their announcement here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-one-month-of-service-for...

Need Help? Let's chat.