cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion got changed and i am paying high

Ruchita19
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am paying $40 dollars for 5 gb plan and thee new promo offers 15 gb for $39 dollars 

why is wasnt i informed and why am i paying higher? 

now my accoung is asking me change my subscription effective next cycle. if i change now then i pay twice $40 becauee my next renewal is june 24. why do you cheat existing clients. if you dont resolve this then i will complain

8 REPLIES 8

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Literally no company will tell you when you can get the same or better for cheaper... Back when Bell had Solo as a mid tier post paid, my plan went down by $1 per month, for who knows how long as I just happened to be looking at plans. Back then you had to call to get the switch done. It was only by $1 and they didn't even automatically lower it

Every company is happy if you don't notice. Like, since the dawn of time

The providers responsibility is to their shareholders, not their customers. The shareholders want to maintain/grow their share value and dividend payouts with the profits made. They profit by keeping the plan prices and minimizing the features provided. It's up to the customer to notice and change or move on to anything that's more attractive to their wallet.

But none of this matters when it's a plan that is available to all existing customers. Just change it for your June 24th renewal and you'll be good to go. You'll only pay the one time then.

pmbc

@Ruchita19 You're right.  Consumers are within our rights to demand high standards of companies.  I just find that I'm often disappointed by them so I have a low expectation.  Telus is a publicly traded company so their first responsibility is to their shareholders and to maximize profits and return to the shareholders.  It is idealistic to think any company will do what's best for the consumer so I don't expect that of any company.  If they do, it's great, but I don't expect it.  

I'm just guessing PM is more interested in poaching customers from competitors than alerts existing customers about potential savings with new plans.

Ruchita19

It is also the providers responsibility to send out notifications informing customers about such plans so they benefit. If someone doesnt see then its their problem. I regularly get sms about my payments and usage so why not update on new plans. Its our responsibility as a customer to ask the company for answers otherwise they take users for granted. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ruchita19   You are interacting with other customers here and, unfortunately, PM does not send out any updates about plan/price changes but they are usually discussed on this forum so it's a good idea to check into the community site once or twice a week. 

It's also always advised to schedule any plan change for Next Renewal as PM doesn't offer refunds for unused days left in current cycle but your plan change is locked in and even if a promotional plan is not available at time of your renewal, you will still be switched to that plan on your renewal date.

edit:  to clarify, PM has to give 30 days notice to customers of any price increase to an existing plan but otherwise does not notify for new plan changes.

pmbc

@Ruchita19 It is your responsibility as a consumer to keep on top of pricing to make sure you get the best deal for yourself.  These offers came out last week and I believe some (maybe all) customers got an email this week advising of the changes at PM.  They talked about 5G, changes to the website but no mention of plan changes.  

So like many things in life it is up to you to take care of yourself.  I wouldn't expect any company to tell me they have a better deal for me; in fact I'd be suspicious of any deals offered by a telco to me.  First question for me is what's the catch. 😉

If you change your plan at next renewal you should only be charged for the new plan at the renewal date.  But keep an eye out for it to make sure.

I think these new plans came on with the new system recently. One of my accounts got an email announcing the new system on the 26th. There was an announcement here on the 24th. Yes, it's up to you to check on plans and whether you're interested in changing. Is there a provider that will automatically move you up to a cheaper or more features plan. I don't think so.

Ruchita19

are you from public mobile? do you know when this offer was made public? So if someone doesn't check they keep paying high which is literally fooling us

Need Help? Let's chat.