cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem "Sign into network" and no data

matty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a notification on my phon that says Sign in to network, and i can not use my data, i already bought add ons and in the web site it says i have them activated but i cant use my data. when i touch on the notification it says.

You are unable to acces the web becaus one of the following reasons:

No data

Your base plan has expired

You are roaming on a partner network in the USA

Your phone has been reported stolen or lost

Your account has been suspended due to fraudulent activity.

I can call and send sms but i cant use data and i need it as soon as possible.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Shellaberras30
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

No data Hindi magamit Ang aking messenger dahil Wala Akong data

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

wow so much people with problems connecting to data, i guess its safe to say PM speciality is talk n text lol

@slash407 you're not seeing the vast majority of PM customers that use their data plans without any issue, because very few people come here to post that everything is working great; instead, you only see the people that are having issues.

From past experience in the community, I would say that the majority of people having issue connecting their data are not Public Mobile's fault.  Typical causes include:

- APN setting misconfiguration

- Customer has consumed of all the data in their plan/add-on(s)

- Mobile data accidentally turned off in phone settings by customer

- Phone is cutting off data becuase customer previously set a limit in the phone's setting and forgot

- Phone needs to be rebooted

None of these are issues with the service.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matty wrote:

@Moderator_Team can you guys check my phone line? i need my data and it has been already a week with this issue

@matty tagging the moderators is not the way to get help with your account--you need to private message them.  Details here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745.

Have you confirmed on the overview page that you see the add-on?  If not, then you have consumed all of the data in the add-on--it disappears from the overview page once it is fully consumed.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

matty

@Moderator_Team can you guys check my phone line? i need my data and it has been already a week with this issue

matty

Hi,

I already did, I have bought data before, i currently have 200mb data but the notification keeps poping up

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@matty, I get the sign into network notification on my $10 talk and text plan because it has no data.  I sense the plan you have has no data and the add-on purchase may not have gone through.  Please check that data is showing in the overview page.  Note that add-on purchasing is a two step process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Anonymous
Not applicable

@matty wrote:

Hi,

Yes i did but still no data 😞

Could you post a screenshot of your overview page? Of course blank out personal info.

matty

Hi,

Yes i did but still no data 😞

matty

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I already checked the APN settings with the support chat bot and all is fine but data still doesnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@matty: Did you re-start your phone? I bought a data add-on and it didn't work immediately. Re-started and it worked.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@matty wrote:

I have a notification on my phon that says Sign in to network, and i can not use my data, i already bought add ons and in the web site it says i have them activated but i cant use my data. when i touch on the notification it says.

You are unable to acces the web becaus one of the following reasons:

No data

Your base plan has expired

You are roaming on a partner network in the USA

Your phone has been reported stolen or lost

Your account has been suspended due to fraudulent activity.

I can call and send sms but i cant use data and i need it as soon as possible.

Thanks

Have you checked your APN Settings?

Here is a great site to setup your APN and instructions on how to do it.  Find the APN Settings for Public Mobile here!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.