Prepaid voucher

Neil1969
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why can’t I redeem a 50$ voucher on the website 

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Neil1969 

I'm assming you must have your services working by now. Here is some member contributed info on vouchers that you may find helpful in the future.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Neil1969 

It's possible you have not created a self-serve account if activation occurred in-store.  Here's how:

Public Mobile - Create self-serve account

After creating the self-serve account, login and confirm account status on upper left.  Then, check the Available Funds to see if any of the payment voucher amounts are included in that amount.  If so, they're able to be kept there to be used for future payment of either plan or desired add-on's you may wish to purchase.

Instead of trying to apply vouchers online, you can also try using *611:

1. Press 1 from the main menu.
  2. Press 1 to select payment via voucher.
  3. Enter the 12 digit pin from your payment voucher. The location of the PIN varies depending on where you purchase your voucher; however, you will typically find it on the top or the bottom of your receipt. Below is an example, so you know what to look for:

HALIMACS_0-1619356352729.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Neil1969  - sorry to hear you have not had service yet after you activated in store.

I would hope they would have you up and running before you leave.

What does your account status say when you call 611?

You can also try redeeming the voucher through calling 611.

IF ACTIVE, try one or more of the below:

• *turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot
  • *removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • *go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • *reset network settings

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Neil1969 - Have you considered going back to the store where you purchased the vouchers to see if they have any ideas to help you troubleshoot and get it working?

@Neil1969 wrote:

Yes she put two other vouchers on and I had no service so went to get another... 

If she activated your account, she must have already added the plan payment to your Public Mobile account. Otherwise, the activation system wouldn't have completed the activation. If I'm understanding correctly, you do have a Public Mobile self serve account and you can log into it?  

If you went back to the store and complained that service wasn't working, I'm assuming that they didn't charge you again? If not, I'm thinking that the salesperson may have simply reprinted the previous receipt for you, and that it's possible that it has already been used (added to your account).  

What phone model do you have?  I'm trying to figure out if your device is compatible with the network. You need a device that has UMTS 850/1900MHz to be able to make phone calls on the Public Mobile network.

Neil1969

Yes she put two other vouchers on and I had no service so went to get another... no idea what the heck is going on!!! Not that tech savvy 

@Neil1969 wrote:

I have been trying all day first at 3:00 this afternoon when the sales woman registered my SIM card 

If the salesperson activated your account, the payment would have already been applied to your Public Mobile account.  Is your service working? Was your service activated at the store b you also bought a seconnd voucher?  

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If the website isn't working for you, have you tried calling 611 and adding your voucher that way?  That's another option that may let you add your voucher to your account.

Another thing you can try is emptying your cache/cookies/history (or a different Browser, or Private/Incognito window), then try to login and add the voucher.  I've experienced where some old session data interfered with Public Mobile's site.

Neil1969

I have been trying all day first at 3:00 this afternoon when the sales woman registered my SIM card 

@Neil1969 wrote:

Why can’t I redeem a 50$ voucher on the website 

Please try again after a few hours. There's sometimes a delay from the time of purchase until they start working.

Need Help? Let's chat.