cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible data breach in self-serve?

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi All,

Just a reminder that, I recently installed a Google Password Check up chrome extension to check if your password has been possible compromised. And I found...

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 2.48.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-25 at 2.49.09 PM.png

Here is the Chrome extension, in case you need it...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/password-checkup/pncabnpcffmalkkjpajodfhijclecjno

7 REPLIES 7

Who knows but these softwares can also cause vulnerability if the programmer wants to scew around.  Same with software management software.  More secure not to give password to anyone or any software.

hzmy

@JoeFrankRoy wrote:

who makes the add on, remember many addons are a way for companies to steal your passwords

This is made by Google. 

JoeFrankRoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

who makes the add on, remember many addons are a way for companies to steal your passwords

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@hzmy, thanks for including the link to the browser extension.

I had heard about the extension, however, I hadn't installed it yet.

This is a handy check to determine when you use your current credentials on any website if they've been hacked from the current site, or possibly another site where someone may have used the same credentials.

sig.gif

365756753.jpg

hzmy

@Anonymous wrote:

Showing my ignorance...how could it possibly know?

And this is why I keep my passwords to myself for the ones that matter.

check this:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/9231944?p=password-checkup&visit_id=636867217083643813-435831038&rd=1&hl=en

And I believe the recent Collection #1 and other Collection #2-5 could also contribute to this check up? Not sure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Showing my ignorance...how could it possibly know?

And this is why I keep my passwords to myself for the ones that matter.

Need Help? Let's chat.