cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an account for my niece - how should I set this up so that I can pay the bill

wadec
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be setting up an acount for my neice. I am looking for the best way to do this.

Initially I will be paying for her account so I will need billing access. but eventually I foresee that she would have full control over the account (including billing). She is not a minor so that is not an issue.

I would prefer to have the account set up in her name and then for me to be listed as the billing contact - is this possible?

Or it is required for the phone to be listed in my name to match the billing info?

Just thought I get this figured out before I start to open the account. I assume once an account is opened in a certain name changing it would be a major hassle.

6 REPLIES 6

coghlanpf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
For now, you're the owner, so just use your own name. It's easier and you'll avoid hassles. Later on, when she takes over the monthly payments, you just need to change the profile and CC info.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wadec wrote:

I will be setting up an acount for my neice. I am looking for the best way to do this.

Initially I will be paying for her account so I will need billing access. but eventually I foresee that she would have full control over the account (including billing). She is not a minor so that is not an issue.

I would prefer to have the account set up in her name and then for me to be listed as the billing contact - is this possible?

Or it is required for the phone to be listed in my name to match the billing info?

Just thought I get this figured out before I start to open the account. I assume once an account is opened in a certain name changing it would be a major hassle.

Name Change is not a hassle at all at Public Mobile. Public allows you to change the name and any relevant information via self serve at anytime and as many times as you want.  This is another beautiful function of Public Mobile and also Chatr Mobile. Lucky Mobile you cannot change the name via self_serve. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wadec wrote:

@wadec  The best way is to use her email to activate the account and your credit card info during the AutoPay setup. Ask your niece to also setup a forwarder for now to forward a copy of any emails from Public to your email address.

When it's time for your niece to take over the account you/she just has to remove your CC info from Autopay and enter hers and remove the forwarder from the email and that's it!!

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@wadec Hi you can certainly open account in her name, email is very important so that is something to take into consideration for when you set up a self serve account you both  will want access to that for billing information and plan usage stats  as long as cc is valid it can be in anyones name and can be changed at anytime in your self serve good luck 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can setup the account in her name and use your credit card and email for the self serve account then switch the email later to her email.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@wadec wrote:

You'll be able to Edit Profile at a later date with no problems. Account can be in your name or hers. As long as credit card is valid..that's all they're worried about !!

Need Help? Let's chat.