cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from koodo

saurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all

I have been trying to port my koodo phone no. through the self serve, but every time i get the same message "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance". my koodo account is still active. I sent a message to PM almost 2 days ago, but never heard from them. Please let me know if you have any solution!!

13 REPLIES 13

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My bad.. I was curious to know what some people might be doing wrong. I had no issues.

saurav
They told me that the delay was due to high demand of help. Would recommend everyone to wait. They will gey to you.

RLBL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@saurav wrote:

All done. Got a reply after one and a half week though!!

Did they tell you what the problem was (curious so oters do not fall into same trap)

saurav

All done. Got a reply after one and a half week though!!

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I have same issue porting from Koodo Prepaid. Submitted email and sent price messages exactly a week ago. Still waiting for response.

saurav

It has been a week now since i submitted my request for porting. It is getting frustating now. No reply from Mods or from Twitter. The e-mail says to expect a response in 48 hrs. I don't think it's a good decision to switch to PM.

saurav

changed my koodo email. Still not working

riversday

It's probably related to Telus owning Koodo and PM. They probably have an overlapping account system or something which shows up as an error when you use the same username. I'm not 100% sure but most cases people have successfully done with with two different email addresses and changing it to your main one afterwards.

saurav

Howcome? when i try to transfer the no. it ask for the new no. not the email associated with it.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@saurav using the same email is the primary problem.  Go into your koodo accoutn, change your primary email to something other than your new public mobile email.

saurav

I do use the same email as koodo though. the rest is good

riversday

Since you already have done as much as you could. All you can do is wait until one of the mods get back to you. I came from Koodo as well (prepaid) and had to wait until a mod ported my number over for me. My latest wait time is 6 days, but I hope they get back to you soon before the promo is over!

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

hey! @saurav  when tryign to port your koodo number, keep the below tips in mind, people have used them sucessfully to port koodo and telus numbers.

- do not use the same email address for Kood and Public Mobile

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Koodo account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be exactly as it appears on your Koodo bill

- do not use the person's Koodo number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Koodo number (courtesy imm1304)

Need Help? Let's chat.