cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Wind Mobile

chnamy_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I completed the application to port my cell number from Wind Mobile on Saturday, noon. How long does it take to port my number to Public Mobile?

I've already inserted a PM sim card into my phone.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

chnamy_

I only provided my Wind account number in the form, not my PIN.

I still haven't gotten a reply from @Mary_M

The wait for this process to complete is ridiculous, I'm starting to lose my patience - I started this process on Saturday.

I can't even access my Wind account anymore so I can't provide mods with my Wind account number. The only time I typed it up was during the transfer step of the activation process.

Devil_tear
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I don't know if I have to consider myself lucky but everything was flawless for my port from Wind Mobile yesterday afternoon... 🙂

Devil_tear
Well during my port I was using my account number but the system would fail it... I used my IMEI and my PIN and the port went through in 10 min, porting from Wind Mobile...

@eazybelle wrote:

So the PIN for the activation of a Public Mobile account is different than the PIN for the account of your cell phone provider.

If the two PINs happen to be the same, then it should work. But, if you used the PIN for Public Mobile when porting and the two PINs are actually different, then the port is likely to fail.

The cell phone companies strongly advise use of account number only as the only piece of information used for porting of phone numbers.  I know that the rules state the a few other pieces of information can be used, but to me, it seems as if there are far fewer problems if account number is used and all other fields are left blank.  I've been told that by customer service at different carriers and by cell phone store employees on multiple occassions.

eazybelle

So the PIN for the activation of a Public Mobile account is different than the PIN for the account of your cell phone provider.

If the two PINs happen to be the same, then it should work. But, if you used the PIN for Public Mobile when porting and the two PINs are actually different, then the port is likely to fail.

chnamy_

I'm referring to Account Setup when it asks you to create a PIN for account support. It's the first step in Activation.

eazybelle

Good luck!

What do you mean when you said you "selected" a PIN when you did the port. When you're porting, they ask for your account number and PIN with your current provider. I hope you put the PIN number connected to that account. If you "selected" a "new" PIN that is different, then that is probably why the port didn't go through. However even if you did it right, there still seems to be a chance that ports fail as many others are having issues as well. 

Hope you get a response from the mods soon and a quick solution!

chnamy_

I will now! Thanks

eazybelle

Sorry but I don't think your port went through. Have you sent a message to the mods? @Mary_M

chnamy_

I didn't get a text confirming activation.

I selected a PIN when I was filling out information for porting my existing number - is that the same PIN you're talking about?

chnamy_

I can't make or receive any calls or texts. I'm not connected to Wind or PM cellular network at all.
I have a OnePlus2, been using it for a year.

BowChickaBowWow

Welcome to PM!

You will need to provide a few more details here:

1. Did you get a text message confirming port / activation?
  2. Did you select a PIN?
  3. When you place the SIM in the phone what does it say for the provider (no service or Bell /Rogers / Wind, etc.)?
  4. Is your phone unlocked?

Porting the number should not take long if the prerequisites are there, then again, you could be one of the few users who are running into porting issues just because of "system issues".

Hope that helps.

eazybelle

If you had no errors during the process, I would assume you would be ported over by now. Can you make outgoing calls and texts? Can you receive incoming calls and texts? What about browsing the web?

Is your phone unlocked? What phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.