cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Issue

coconutcreampie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I had finally joined Public Mobile, switching over from Wind.

However, when I tried to port my existing phone number during activation, it has given me an error. I made sure to keep my Wind number/account active (no outstanding balances, paid till August 24) and my old account number handy for the transfer.

Upon trying to port many times without success and I was eager to try Public Mobile, I activated anyway with a new number knowing I am able to port my old number over later. Similar to yesterday, I am following the instructions to port my number in Plan Add-Ons > Change Phone Number but still received the error "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number". I am the main owner of my Wind account so I am unsure why the port is not working? I had two phones attached to my Wind account and one of those numbers ported to another carrier before mine, I hope Wind is not giving me issues because they flagged me in some way?

My Wind billing cycle ends on August 24 so I would really hope to resolve this porting number issue before that date if possible 😞 Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. Trying Public Mobile for a day, I must say I am loving it! it is so nice to have reception in buildings again!

Cheers 🙂

36 REPLIES 36

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kho123 any news?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@kho123 wrote:

my number was not working  since  he was porting 

@kho123 are you saying you can't receive phone calls and texts after porting?  If it's been more than about 3 hours since you submitted the port request (from another mobile provider--or 7 days if you are porting from a home phone or VoIP line), then see here to learn how to contact the moderator team via community private message to for them to assist with your failed port:  How to Get Help - Community

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kho123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my number was not working  since  he was porting 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@dougmcleod64111, I'd gladly assist you with this matter. Please get back to me with the requested information in the private message I sent you.

Thank you for your patience!

Aïssata

anya
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @dougmcleod64111 In order to get help with your problem, send a private message to the moderators explaining your situation. 

In your message to them include your phone number, account number and PIN in order to speed up the identification process. 

If you don’t remember your PIN, check if it is still in your text history. It is texted it to you when you first set up the account. You can also provide any 3 of the following instead of your PIN: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount.

• Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)
  • Response times are usually between 1 - 3 hours, but in peak periods, could be as much as 48 hours

dougmcleod64111

The phone number ported on activation is incorect. The number is what showed as the alternate and the transfer of my existing cell number will not process on the change number request. How can I porcess the correction?

My cell phone is now showing my "alternate" home wired phone number instead of the cell number intented to transfrer.

Doug

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey @LordSloth

I'm sorry we couldn't get back to you earlier! 

First, to make sure that your port goes through smoothly,  I would recommend that you make sure that you have the authorization of your employer and from Bell to port it. You should also ask Bell which information they require for the port to go through successfully. Usually, your Bell account number is all you need but since you seem to have a special account/plan, you should double check. 

Then, I would follow some of the very helpful guides here in the Community to make sure your activation and port are hassle free 🙂 (here's one example)

Don't hesitate to send me a private message if you need anything!

Saray

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

LordSloth

Hi 

I plan on porting my cell phone when I retire from the Goverment in late December.  On that date I will be removing the Bell SIM, and replacing it with the Public Mobile SIM (and yes I did check compatibility). The phone is out of contract and older than three years, so I can legally take it with me in retirement.

Timing is critical on this, as I must capture the bell phone number before Bell throws the old number away on Dec xx , so that Public Mobile can capture it and port it.

Also, I don't own the number outright, and a Deparment Coordinator, will probably be needed to release the number, even although they are going to throw away the number anyways.

How do I ensure that this goes smoothly, and when should I inititiate the request?

Thanks

WarrenBuffet

I am having the same issue, personal messaged you ! Thanks. 

arachnesun

@Shazia_K

I have the similar issue, and send private message to Shazia and some others, however, no response from last Thursday. Can someone help? 

Rockdaddy22
See nobody's ignoring you 🙂

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@gillesethier

I sent you a message a little while ago, please see it everything should be good in the next 30 minutes.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Nobody is ignoring you, I assure you. They're working hard to catch on the backlog of private messages. How long have you been waiting?

gillesethier

I need some help here please.

Tried to pm MODs but no answer.

Looks like the port # transfer... isnt 100% fullfiled

i can make calls but cant receive. its very important to receive calls!!!!!

PLEASE Help or Cancel. 

IGNORING IS NOT AN OPTION

srlawren
@agnesaurus I'm so glad I could help! Welcome to Public Mobile!

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome news, thanks for the update.

agnesaurus

Hi @srlawren thank you for your help! I checked the authorized box first and it let me through. 

Just a a comment to others who are experiencing issues, I submitted my request but it said that they were experiencing issues and to contact moderators. However, 30 minutes later I received a text from PM saying that the transfer has been completed. Everything seems to be working now!

srlawren

@agnesaurus try this...

sign into self-serve and go to Plans and add-ons, then Change PHone Number

Tell it you want to transfer in a phone number.

On the next step, make sure you check the "I am authorized ..." checkbox FIRST, and then enter your Fido phone number and click the button to check eligibility

On the next step, enter in only your Fido account number, an alternate phone number you can be reached at (home #, work #, partner/spouse's #, parent's #, etc) and in the last field put in the Fido account holder's name exactly as it appears on your Fido statements or Fido self-serve account.

agnesaurus

@Shazia_K Hi Shazia, I am experiencing the same issue trying to port from Fido. It says I am not authorized to transfer the phone number but my account is in good standing and I am the sole owner/user of that line. Please help. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: it's working now. Thanks! FIXED

Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22
That's awesome, I'm so happy you're happy 🙂 Thanks for the update and welcome to the PM family 🙂

srlawren

Welcome aboard, @coconutcreampie!  Glad to hear your issue was resolved promptly.  Cheers!

coconutcreampie

I just wanted to post an update to this thread that my issue has been resolved! A huge thanks to @Shazia_K and those who have tried to assist. 

What a great and helpful community - I am very happy to have switched to Public Mobile!

Rockdaddy22
That's no problem, she should be able to take care of it in the morning.

coconutcreampie

Didn't get a chance to get on the PC all day but will send a private message to you now @Shazia_K.

Thank you for all the helpful replies everyone! Hopefully I'll be out of Wind by end of the day tomorrow if all goes well. 😄

Rockdaddy22

Hey @antmorocks I'm sorry you're having trouble @Mary_M or @Shazia_K should be able to help you out in the morning. Sorry again, and welcome to the PM family.

antmokrocks

Hi I think I have this exact same issue as I am coming over from chatr as well! Would someone be able to help? 

antmokrocks

Hi I think I have this exact same issue as I am coming over from chatr as well! Would someone be able to help? 

@Shazia_K

antmokrocks

Hi I think I have this exact same issue as I am coming over from chatr as well! Would someone be able to help? @Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
Perfect, thank you for your awesome work 🙂
Need Help? Let's chat.