cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Issue

JulianWong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I subscribed and ported my number from Zoomerwireless to Public Mobile today around 6p.m.

The profile shows my number correctly within an hour. I was able to call, but when I called the number, it said the number was not assigned.  The data is working.  Text Message is working, both sent and received.  It had been for hours already.

12 REPLIES 12

JulianWong

As per maximim_gato's reply when I was having a similar issue, seems like a porting number on the weekend will be delayed. Called Telus porting department, they are helpful.

domo_shark

Hi maximim_gato,

I am having issues with my port over from Zoomer wireless.  I had reached out to CS_Agent and they advised that it was in progress but that was close to 5 hours or so already.  I haven't heard back from CS_Agent yet so I'm not sure what I should do.  Is there a way I could call that porting department to figure out what's going on?  Thanks!

JulianWong

@maximum_gato , you are right.  Everything starts working starting 9a.m.  The agent helped me a lot through number you gave through PM.

JulianWong

thanks to @maximum_gato .  Changing my phone number which I have used for over 18 years never came across in my mind.  @Abheer Thank you for your help but I would agree with not giving advice to anyone to change phone number if the original question is transferring number. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Abheer 

Be very careful about advising number changes with customers that are having issues porting in their phone number. You do not want to be responsible for a new customer losing their longtime (or otherwise) phone number because you gave them ill-fated advice. Your contributions to the community are welcome but the community is only as good as the information we provide. Make friends with the search bar it will rarely fail you. 🤔

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@JulianWong 

Do not change your phone number as this would likely cause you to lose your zoomer number. Zoomer does not send out a PAT (porting authorization text). Did you activate with an e-Sim? The issue could be in your settings. Refer to the following post for more info....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Porting-from-Zoomer-Cityfone-to-Public-Mo...

Edit:

There are times that a Roger's owned provider does not perform porting after hours. You could just be "stuck" overnight. It seems as though zoomer has done their part. If you don't have full services by morning and the advice contained in the linked post does not help either contact customer support or try calling the telus porting department to check on the status of your port. I will send you the phone # via your private messages.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Then it may be an account issue. Try to wait until tomorrow and if it doesn't solve by itself, you can pick a different number using the app or contact customer support if you really want the phone number and they can assign it.

JulianWong

Already more than 5 hours.

JulianWong

I did not receive the message from Zoomer at all.  The Zoomer sim card not working now.  I am able to call out, and text working both sending and receiving, and Data is working.  Only the number was not assigned.  It has been more than 5 hours.

Abheer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello there @JulianWong 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Usually, when it says that a phone number is not assigned, it means that the number isn't owned by anyone or is not active. Please try to wait a little bit more because the transferring can take up to 5 hours. If the issue still persists, please contact customer support by clicking here and clicking "Contact Us". It may be possible that there was an issue in the activation part. Hope this helped!

Regards,
Abheer

Check if your Zoomer service is still workong. Did you reply to a text message from Zoomer to authorize the porting to Public Mobile?

JulianWong

One more thing: The old sim card does not work anymore.  I did not receive any text message from the old sim card to ask for YES.  

Need Help? Let's chat.