cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Eliglibility

fch
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am with public mobile and wanted to move my wife over to PM as well. She is currently with Koodo PREPAID service.

I do know that public mobile has issues when porting from Koodo and one should get a temp number first and then submit request for porting.

However, I wanted to make sure that her Public Mobile will be able to port the number and I will not end up wasting $120 to sign up and then find out it is not possible.

Using my public mobile account, when I go into "Phone Number Change" option and enter her phone number under "Check Eligibility", I get the following error....

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

If I type in any other number (home or other cell), it says eligible.

How do I find out that public mobile will be able to port my wife's 647 number?

8 REPLIES 8

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@monk-key wrote:

Hello Mary Moderator, can you help me with the same.  I was just with Koodo Prepaid and my number should have been ready to Port In. but sadly it is still not eligible.. please help.

Hey @monk-key!

Just in case the mods don't see this, send them a private message by clicking here! 

Include your email address and phone number that you're trying to port over as well as a brief description ("my Koodo number is ineligible! Help!") and they will definitely sort it out for you. 🙂

Best of luck and welcome to PM!

monk-key
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Mary Moderator, can you help me with the same.  I was just with Koodo Prepaid and my number should have been ready to Port In. but sadly it is still not eligible.. please help.

monk-key
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How did you get your Koodo number to become eligible.  I still can't get mine to be.

fch

I did received the response that my number is eligible to port from Koodo Prepaid.

Thank You for quick response.

fch

Any update on this request before I sign up? I have PM'ed the phone number yesterday morning to Mary_M. Is there anything else that I need to do to receive a response?

fch

I have just PM'ed the number to check.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I don't see why it would be a problem. Just follow Mary's advice, she'll help you out.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @fch

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Is you wife's account a prepaid number? 

We can verify if it's eligible, simply send me her number (that she wishes to port over) via private message!

Thanks,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **
Need Help? Let's chat.