cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported a Text-Now Number. Now my Phone isn’t working

Mikedigenova
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I managed to somehow port over a number I liked from text-now the web based texting and voip call application and now my phone cannot receive incoming calls or texts. The only texts I’m receiving are iMessage based texts. Everything else is being diverted to the text-now app I tried changing my

number but since it’s technically been changed already this month by the porting of the text now number it won’t let me change my number and now I have a phone service with no service other tha. He data. Anyone who calls the number that I ported receives a message stating the call is rejected. Please help me I need a working number. I don’t even need my old

Number back, but I simply need a working telephone number ASAP. PLEASE HELP ME !!

3 REPLIES 3

You're not actually supposed to be able to receive calls and texts until the porting is complete.  This is normal. This just means that your phone number has not been ported over yet.

For the purposes of number portability, VOIP are considered equivalent to landlines.  A such, CWTA says to allow 2 bsuiness days for such a phone number to be transfered to a wireless provider.

The text messages continuing to go to the old provider's internet-based app is also normal.  That means your service there is still active.  As for the incoming phone calls, they should also be going there, although I do see that you say that is messed up now.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Mikedigenova

Ports from VOIP services have been known to take considerably longer than porting a cell phone or even a land line number.

As @Andy1000 suggested, you need to reach out to the moderator team - they are PM employees and can help with account and porting issues, although they can only do so much to speed up your port.

The mods have left for the day but will be back in office tomorrow morning. Working on a first come, first serve basis, hey will get back to you as soon a they can.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

In the meantime you could use fongo or hangouts when you are on WiFi or data (I gather that still works for you?)

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need to contact Moderator_Team by private message and explain your case someone will get in contact with you.

Need Help? Let's chat.