cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port out Notification

dj_123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to switch from Telus to Public. I've followed all the steps to port in my old number.

I was notified that telus would send me a text message confirming my port-out request. However, it's been a few minutes and I haven't received any such message. Does anyone know approximately when I can expect a message?

Also, will they be texting me at my old number or the temporary number I've used to activate?

4 REPLIES 4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@dj_123

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

maybe you need to respond to the private message from mods first

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dj_123 wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently trying to switch from Telus to Public. I've followed all the steps to port in my old number.

I was notified that telus would send me a text message confirming my port-out request. However, it's been a few minutes and I haven't received any such message. Does anyone know approximately when I can expect a message?

Also, will they be texting me at my old number or the temporary number I've used to activate?

Hi @dj_123 ,

When you say "followed all the steps" did you request the port to be done with the Public Mobile Moderator Team?

Transferring A Number From TELUS Or Koodo (Including Formerly PC Mobile)?

If you wish to transfer an existing number from TELUS or Koodo (including formerly PC Mobile), you will need to first complete your activation with a new number, then reach out to our Moderator team here in order to transfer your existing number to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@dj_123 

Usually within 1-2 hours, your port should be completed.  Telus and Koodo is usually quicker since same family of company.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dj_123 

I believe the porting process occurs without the standard text message because you are switching among associated companies under the TELUS brand.

I do not believe there will be a confirmation text message sent,  but if there is it would likely go to your old TELUS SIM card as TELUS wouldn't know your new Public Mobile temporary number.

Need Help? Let's chat.