cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Rogers to Public Mobile did not work on 2 phones

kenbabcock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have 5 cell phones with Public Mobile in my house.  No issues.  I suggested to my aunt and uncle to leave Rogers and join Public too.

I ported the numbers over a week ago and they got new iPhones at the same time.  They weren't able to respond to the verification text in time.

Now, they can receive texts on their new phones with the Public SIM and phone calls from my wife and I, but anyone else calls and it goes straight to voicemail.

They put their old Rogers SIMS back into their old locked iPhones and they can receive calls on those phones and SIMS.  Rogers tells them there is nothing they can do and of course they can't call Public for help.  They have accounts set up and already paid for a month each.

Short of getting new SIM cards for someone else like Koodo and porting to them instead, what can be done?

This is very frustrating.  They are not tech savvy and they live 1.5 hours away from me.  They need their phone numbers working ASAP as they use them for work too!

5 REPLIES 5

@kenbabcock   if itis a locked phone issue, you have to contact the carrier where you got the phone from to have it unlocked.  This is something only that provider can help

kenbabcock
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The Public SIMS are not working on the locked phones, they are working for texts and phone calls from my wife and I on their new, unlocked iPhones.  Their Rogers SIM cards are working on the old, locked iPhones.

I have been given the number to call for porting issues and I will pass it on to them.  Thanks.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kenbabcock 

They or you (for them) will have to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process but they MUST have Rogers SIM in their phone and reply with YES once the agent restart the porting.

Since porting was not completed, their Rogers SIM will continue to work for now until porting is completed.

It is strange that the PM SIM will work on the locked Rogers phone…it shouldn’t work.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kenbabcock 

if "They weren't able to respond to the verification text in time.", they need to contact PM porting team to re-trigger the porting request

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kenbabcock  - make sure the Rogers account is Active, which is sounds like they are.

Submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

Or, you can try calling the Telus porting phone number, which we are not supposed to post here. So, check your private messages I will send it to you there.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.