cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port failed

SilverStandard
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I haven't been receiving and incoming SMS or incoming calls and recently learnt this was because my port failed. I need help resubmitting a request to port my number over from my old provider to my current.

7 REPLIES 7

speakout

same thing happen to me a couple of days ago.  call your previous provider to find out why it failed.  When you re-subit your form, when it asks you for your PIN, it means the PIN for your previous phone provider.  Now was my issue.  Once I resubmitted the form with the correct PIN, it worked !

SilverStandard

I called in and they sent me a port request and everything works now! Thanks for all the help everybody!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SilverStandard wrote:

So I haven't been receiving and incoming SMS or incoming calls and recently learnt this was because my port failed. I need help resubmitting a request to port my number over from my old provider to my current.

@SilverStandard 

Leave the OLD provider SIM card in your phone to accept the PORT via SMS/text.

If you missed this 90 minute window, submit a ticket via this link to re-initiate the port:

Link to contact Customer Support Agents (CSA) for porting to Public Mobile

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@SilverStandard 

PM is an online cell provider so you will need to contact a CS_Agent to have the porting process restarted again. You can private message then by the envelope icon on top of this page.

They will probably get back to you tomorrow.

Roadrunner1977
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to speak with a moderator they will help you out on this or when you created your it should of asked you if you wanted to port your number over.

SilverStandard

I am porting in to PM @softech I will try and get in touch with them via live support

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SilverStandard   are trying to port into PM or porting out of PM?

if you are porting INTO PM , there is a number you can call and talk to live support.  You can ask them for porting status,  provide them missing info and they can help to re-trigger the text

I will message you via Community inbox,  please check envelope icon on top right 

if you are porting OUT, you will have to first call the new provider to re trigger the text.  If you are still not getting the text the 2nd time, then open a ticket with PM support .  You can use this direct link https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/pkuC8K

Need Help? Let's chat.