cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal

ibjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. Two part question.

1) where are the towers in Hamilton? I live in the heart of the city but my reception is poor. Considerably worse than what I had with Freedom Mobile. I thought Telus uses Bell's towers in Ontario? 

2) Wi-Fi calling. Another thing that worked great with Freedom. Is it ever going to come to Public? It would be helpful in an area of poor signal. Especially with gigabit Internet. 

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

ibjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the replies. 

If I have to accept the service for what it is today I would cancel it. It's atrocious. I don't live out in the country. I'm not in a big concrete building. I'm a city of over half a million people. I'd expect better service.

I already have the maps app downloaded. I thought maybe there was a better or perhaps more up to date app. 

1000017847.jpg

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Recently I’m also getting very poor reception in an area where in the past I was getting excellent full bars reception.  I wonder if it has anything to do with congestion or my iPhone 12 is getting too old or has developed a problem. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ibjay , check out this cell tower map to see what coverage is like in your locale.  With respect to WiFi calling, there have been a few threads in the community suggesting that the feature might be coming.  There's never any official news about new offerings before release, so treat as rumor.  Accept the service for what it is today, not what we might hope it to be in the future.  

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=42.942350&lng=-79.806061&zoom=9&type=Roadm...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ibjay 

Here is the cell tower map for you to check out which tower is closest to where you are located:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=49.564415&lng=-93.334351&zoom=7&type=Roadm... 

@ibjay wrote:

1) where are the towers in Hamilton? I live in the heart of the city but my reception is poor. Considerably worse than what I had with Freedom Mobile. I thought Telus uses Bell's towers in Ontario? 

2) Wi-Fi calling. Another thing that worked great with Freedom. Is it ever going to come to Public? It would be helpful in an area of poor signal. Especially with gigabit Internet. 

In eastern provinces, Telus does indeed use Bell cell sites. There are no plans for any time in the near future for Public Mobile to offer to Wi-Fi calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.