cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service in Niagara

parlaminty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am at my wits end with the poor cell service in Niagara. 5G at my house and workplace has 1 bar and doesn’t work. LTE has one bar and doesn’t work. I have to use 3G and even then, the calling is poor and I have to often go outside to get the service to work. Coverage map shows full coverage at my home and workplace so I cannot understand how I am getting 1 bar. Swapped SIM cards and also tried a different phone and had the same issues.

Am looking to switch to Rogers as my wife and a co worker have rogers and they have no issues at my home or at the office.

5 REPLIES 5

parlaminty

I am getting 1 bar on 4G and nothing loads nor are calls successful. I have manually selected the public network and same issue

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

5G might not be good, but why not try 4G? 

5G is not perfect in everywhere in the country yet

And, since you are close to US, try manual connect Public Mobile network so your phone won't try to switch to US network, that could be the reason of your problem

LMelchi

I am from the Niagara region as well and have been experiencing the same issues. Poor quality calls even on 3G and the data at 5G has not been great. Every time I am on a call the other person complains of not being able to hear me. They need to do something about this, otherwise I will be looking into changing my service elsewhere. 

parlaminty

5G has never been fast in Niagara. 3G data is faster 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@parlaminty 

If the coverage map shows 5G at your location then Telus must be working on their nearby towers.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

Need Help? Let's chat.