cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans for Comparison

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi,

New here: looking to find plans with other providers to compare & find the best deal for me and my family.

Currently with Rogers, 5 GB shared for 4 lines.  One needs Long Distance, another ONLY needs talk & text (no mms) (16 yr old). Currently paying 240$ / mth.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@matbasm wrote:

@timmmmeh, If your son doesn't need any data, you can drop his plan to $25 / 30 (on a 90 day plan) and save a few more $$$.

@timmmmeh

Just wanted to add to @matbasm suggestion that mms is included in the text option at no extra cost, no data plan needed (but you'd have to have the data connection on to receive and send them).

The talk&text plans can be combined with the 200MB or 1GB data add-ons if data is rarely used (less than 150MB or so per month average) but might come in handy for emergencies.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@timmmmeh, If your son doesn't need any data, you can drop his plan to $25 / 30 (on a 90 day plan) and save a few more $$$.

@timmmmeh Remember all phones must be unlocked to work on PM.

Here's an idea:

a) prov calling/texting/500 meg 3 G for son: $32

b) 3 more of prov calling/texting/ 2+2 GB 3 G: $47 (i.e. 4 GB each)

Total startup = $173; ongoing $478/90 days ($2/30 days autopay credit, $3/30 days referral credit) or ~$160/30 days (hopefully did the math correctly Robot LOL)

c) buy $15/400 minute long distance add-on and see how long it lasts

Suggest you all consider 3G because if you manage with just 5GB between three of you LTE may not be worth the extra cost.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

matbasm

@mimmo, I wasn't referring to the OP.  It gives context to the question. 

Was just pointing out that this isn't the place to start a comparisson of what company offers what & at what price.

Smiley Happy

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@timmmmeh I check periodically and outside of promos PM is usually the cheapest. HOWEVER, all support is via this forum and messages to moderators.

Read this too please: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/BE-PREPARED/m-p/112014#M20827.

Consider beginning with 30 days plans to get settled and if happy move to 90 days plans to save $5/90 days. Do remember to give the first account you create as referral for the rest; saves that account $1/30 days for each plan you refer.

You really do need to play with the plans https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans to get a feel for pricing of calling/texting as well as calling/texting/data. You will also notice that PM offers 3G data that is throttled to 3 Mbps, as well as LTE. The least expensive plans are unlimited provincial calling, which many combine with a long distance add-on. Add-ons are not monthly but permanent until used up.

Please ask all the questions that interest you before jumping aboard. We are a friendly group. Robot Very Happy

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I accept that 🙂

The plan builder works great for me - and so far everything seems to be coming up PM.

Tim

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@matbasm I believe this post is OK as it is not advertising a promotion but rather stating what the user currently is paying and seeing if there are viable options.  The plan builder is the place to start as no one except the op knows how much data each line needs.

OP search "pm-guide" (without the -) for some good reads about pm.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Best bet is to use the plan selector. And create 4 plans to suit your needs.

Provincial Talk text and 500 mb data3g starts at 30$

matbasm

Hi @timmmmeh;

This is probably not the right place to be discussing other providers' pricing.

That said, the PM price builder, which can be found here, is a great way to see what you can get with PM.

My guess is that you can do way better here at Public Mobile.  However, I don't think there are any share plans available.

Need Help? Let's chat.