cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan not activating

Dys1901
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just switched my plan from speakout to Public Mobile. I have a Sony Xperia Z3. I can make outbound calls, however, I cannot text, receive calls or use data. What do i need to do to activate the plan?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi again...

the he port should take no more than two hours.  Let's keep fingers crossed.

your APN setting should be sp.mb.com.  You can look in the Knowledge Base for detailed instructions to change this.

as I'm just a community member, I'm going to suggest if you have further issues, or don't get anything out of this info, moderates @Shazia_K or @Mary_M would be able to help further in the morning.

best of luck.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Dys1901;

Sounds like a (partially) failed port. One of the moderators can generally help getting that straightened out, they will be back online in the morning. @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Dys1901
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello @stonechucker, thanks for the reply.

I ported my number from Speakout 7/11 and I signed up for the 90 days plan with voice (prov wide), 2 gb data and global text.

The APN settings on my phone shows: sp.telus.com

Thanks for checking into this.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Dys1901, welcome to PublicMobile.

We will most likely need more information on what steps you've taken.

did you port your cellular number from another wireless provider?  Is it a VoIP port,or a landline port?  Cellular are the quickest to port, VoIP and landline take longer.

what options did you sign up for?  Sounds like you picked a voice plan as you can call out, but you can SMS or use data.  Did you pick these options?  For data,have you checked the APN settings?

if you can give us this information we will be able to assist further.

Need Help? Let's chat.