cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan change

dnewf
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok I downgraded my plan which was old lte plan with 2 gigs and only free province long distance calling not all Canada. Went with a 3 g plan with all Canada long distance etc. Plan is 35 bucks. I have 7 dollars of friend and loyalty and autopay credits. Total 7 bucks. So how do it work? 35- 7=28 dollars.. So 28 +15 % =  32.20 .  So why was my CC deducted 35 bucks. Or am I missing something how this is calculated. It was all right amts on my old plan. 

22 REPLIES 22

@HALIMACS  Yeah my first thoughts as well. But anytime someone says they were charged $35 with no odd amount to account for taxes they are either reading from their online account OR rounding off the actual amount which is of no real help in a conversation about small discrepancies in actual amounts charged.

AE_Collector 

@AE_Collector wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I think that @dnewf was just looking at the spot online that shows the amount needed for the next plan renewal which will say $35. It simply shows the full plan amount and does not adjust for credits that may or may not be in available funds at the actual renewal.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector   Yah, you're probably correct.   What threw me is OP wrote it as, "why was my CC deducted 35 bucks" so it didn't seem they were reading it anywhere but that it HAD been charged.

Either way, seems charges and payments correct based on subsequent screenshots provided so guessing they're all good!

Cheers.

@HALIMACS 

I think that @dnewf was just looking at the spot online that shows the amount needed for the next plan renewal which will say $35. It simply shows the full plan amount and does not adjust for credits that may or may not be in available funds at the actual renewal.

AE_Collector

Glad it worked out  @dnewf 

Curious though, what prompted you to state in the initial post that your credit card was deducted $35?

dnewf

Thank you people for your help!! 

@dnewf wrote:

Screenshot (240).png

As per the screenshot, only $28+tax was charged on your cc. Please review your Credit Card transaction. 

@dnewf 

Only $28 (+tax) was taken from card.  Rewards were applied.

You're all good!!!

dnewf

Screenshot (240).png

@dnewf  wrote:

It shows 28 there 

Yes, it should be $28+tax. If you post a screenshot from your Payment History, we might be able to tell you what happened on your last renewal and see if rewards were applied properly. 

Perfect @dnewf ,  you're all set for next renewal!!

dnewf

It shows 28 there 

dnewf

edited by computergeek541: photo removed

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dnewf Please post a screen shot from the payment history page in your self-serve account. Be sure to hide any personal info. 

@dnewf wrote:

It says it will be 35 bucks for the next payment as well

The reward amounts are not calculated (credited against plan amount) until the renewal occurs.  If the rewards are displaying on your self-serve page, you WILL get them.

Check this.  Go to self-serve and click on My Reward.   Your next estimated payment should display there, taking rewards into account.   Expand rewards to view them on this page and confirm the one's you have are all taken into account

@dnewf wrote:

I did not changed right away. I done this Jan 10th I think it was going to change on my plan renewal which was Feb 5 

If you chose to change plan on next renewal, and the amount extracted from your payment card was not less the normal rewards earned you receive each month, I would contact Moderators to advise.

It's possible the 'missed rewards' can be applied to the NEXT renewal.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click the Chatbot in the lower right and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

dnewf

How is that?  35 subtract 7 is 28 then add NL. tax which comes to 32.20

dnewf

It says it will be 35 bucks for the next payment as well

jp20102010
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It'll take any shortfall between your old and  new plan and then apply the total + taxes. That total sounds correct 

dnewf

I didnt lose any credits thats the problem. The calculation is wrong

dnewf

I did not changed right away. I done this Jan 10th I think it was going to change on my plan renewal which was Feb 5 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@dnewf Did you do an immediate plan change? In that case, rewards do not apply. You should've future dated the plan change instead so it renews to new plan on your renewal day.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dnewf 

Did you select change on next renewal, or an immediate plan change?

If not on next renewal, full plan charge amount is billed.

But don't worry, you don't LOSE the rewards and they will apply to future renewals.

Need Help? Let's chat.