cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan ADs; Differences in price(s)

Mrwolfstar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Upon doing a WEB search.. )https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Search?minutes=100&sms=100&data=100&address=634+Second+Street+S...) a few plans came up, all hosted by Public, yet it appears that there are different carriers. OK, so when I click upon (Go to Site) once again the prices are different.  How do I get to the plan I want?

12 REPLIES 12

The regions don't matter - it's useless extra stuff on Public Mobile.

All plans are available to all regions in Canada.

RCR

Make sure you have the proper region selected. If you are unsure go to a kiosk and you will be walked through the process. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mrwolfstar wrote:

Thanks.. so quick last question, minor change in subject. Can I activate the Sim Card in my current Unlocked phone (from a former carrier) THEN, when I purchase a new one in Winnipeg this weekend.. can I transfer the Sim Card to it.?

That was the whole idea of the SIM card tech concept. To be able to move the service attached to a SIM to any compatible phone.

In this case, I hope you kept your SIM parts. There are 3 sizes. Your current phone might be a different size to the new phone.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mrwolfstar wrote:

Thanks.. so quick last question, minor change in subject. Can I activate the Sim Card in my current Unlocked phone (from a former carrier) THEN, when I purchase a new one in Winnipeg this weekend.. can I transfer the Sim Card to it.?

Yes, SIM cards can be inserted into any phone once it is activated.  Activating a SIM card is not tied to the phone.  You might have to update the APN settings, but you'll know once you try inserting in the new phone.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mrwolfstar  is this the plan you are looking for? 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/30for500MB-3Gspeed

one user reported that the same plan was still available in the plan buiilder (build your own plan) for $25 instead of $30

also you can get a 10$ credit if you have a public moble friends number you can enter as a referral during the activation process

Mrwolfstar

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mrwolfstar wrote:
Public Mobile
30-Day Unlimited Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 500MB + 500MB Bonus
 No Contract
  • Network: Telus 
  • 500MB Bonus with AutoPay
  • Deal: Save $2 every 30 days with AutoPay Reward 
Unlimited
Talk & Text
Canada-Wide Minutes
1GB
Data
3G Speed - 500MB + 500MB Bonus
$23
Per 30 Days
+ $10 Upfront

Whatever you're finding elsewhere doesn't matter as it's not official.

I'll grant that sometimes we hear of offers that aren't posted but those are usually backed up with a page on. this. site.

Mrwolfstar
Public Mobile
30-Day Unlimited Canada-Wide Talk + Text + 500MB + 500MB Bonus
 No Contract
  • Network: Telus 
  • 500MB Bonus with AutoPay
  • Deal: Save $2 every 30 days with AutoPay Reward 
Unlimited
Talk & Text
Canada-Wide Minutes
1GB
Data
3G Speed - 500MB + 500MB Bonus
$23
Per 30 Days
+ $10 Upfront

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mrwolfstar wrote:

Upon doing a WEB search.. )https://www.whistleout.ca/CellPhones/Search?minutes=100&sms=100&data=100&address=634+Second+Street+S...) a few plans came up, all hosted by Public, yet it appears that there are different carriers. OK, so when I click upon (Go to Site) once again the prices are different.  How do I get to the plan I want?

Use this as a reference

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

the plans you on this site (public mobile) are the only valid plans avaialble with public mobile.  

some of their plans did recently change.

what plan were you looking for?

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mrwolfstar the current available ready made plans are found on their website at Public Mobile Plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mrwolfstar wrote:

Only Public Mobile will have official plans available. Any other site could be outdated or incorrect.

Top of this page, click on Plans, peruse plans or try out the build your own.

Need Help? Let's chat.