cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone services unavailable

AKforestry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4, which is not in the list of compatible devices, but worked anyway.

However, today the device can't make any calls, not even to my voicemail. My partner has a plan with Telus and is in the same position.

Is anyone else in the same boat, and did you find a fix for it?

7 REPLIES 7

AKforestry

I'll try removing and reinserting the SIM.

Otherwise waiting on moderators.

AKforestry

No it still persists

When trying to make an outgoing call I get a prompt saying I don't have a plan.

I just called my voicemail to test and instead of a prompt I heard a foreign man asking about changing passwords

@AKforestry wrote:

Hello folks,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Xcover 4, which is not in the list of compatible devices, but worked anyway.

However, today the device can't make any calls, not even to my voicemail. My partner has a plan with Telus and is in the same position.

When it comes to the Xcover 4, the SM-390W version is the best to use for optimal compatibility. This is the Canadian verson and is what Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile has sold.  

It's very unlikely that both of you suddenly started having device issues or changed a network setting at the same time. 

AnthonyJRS

Has the problem gone now? I'm guessing it was just an outage.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@AKforestry wrote:

today the device can't make any calls, not even to my voicemail. My partner has a plan with Telus and is in the same position.

Which city are you in?

Do texting & data still work? Those services work with LTE, but calls require 3G/HSPA/WCDMA connectivity.

Try disabling LTE by forcing your phone to 3G/HSPA/WCDMA mode and see if it shows any reception. Also make sure you reboot your phone, toggle airplane mode, and remove/re-insert your SIM as troubleshooting steps.

Some cities in eastern Canada have tower deployments with LTE only, but this doesn't sound like the case if it was working for you until now. Brandon & Winnipeg MB turned down one of two 3G bands in March, but your phone still supports both bands so should also not apply.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@AKforestry 

Can you still RECEIVE incoming calls?

Does texting in and out function?

There are current outages near Wabasca, AB and Cortes Island, BC

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AKforestry : Since Public Mobile belongs to Telus and the other Telus account is not working, that would certainly suggest an outage in your area.

Telus outages

Need Help? Let's chat.