cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone service

george11A7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why is my phone service cut off.

My payment is charged to my credit card.

What is the problem?

George Txxxxx

Edit by Dunkman: removed last name from public forum

4 REPLIES 4

@Nezgar  Thanks for suggestions! I do touch base on it a bit.

Screenshot_20210114_133642.jpg

But I will tweak it when I have time.

I've read a few threads where people have had their PayPal balance wiped or orders placed. 

On thread below a poster (username starts with Jesse) mentioned suspicious PayPal activity and a coat ordered to Quebec.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/SIM-card-stopped-working-overnight...

@Jb456- your sim-jack response is fantastic, Thought I'd just suggest you add an additional line to your line about checking financials/change passwords, that PayPal seems to be the primary target of this hack - to reset the account password, and transfer out any balance. I have not yet read of any other services being targeted from those who have reported here so far...

@george11A7 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you last 4 digits of the sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone do they match?

If they don't you have Been a victim of simjacking.

Click plans and add-ons then lost/stolen mark it as stolen to block whoever has access to your account sim.

Then immediately start changing all your passwords and check your financials for fraud.

Then open a ticket for moderators to investigate. They have away to get your current sim card working again.

Screenshot_20210104_110512.jpg

Or private message them at link below 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or your other option for a faster resolution is to go out and buy a new sim card. DO NOT ACTIVATE IT!!. You have to take the brand new sim card and log into your account. Click "Change sim card" enter new sim card number and you will be back up and running.

Let us know!

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@george11A7 wrote:

Why is my phone service cut off.

My payment is charged to my credit card.

What is the problem?

George Txxxxx

@george11A7 hi try putting phone in airplane mode for a few minutes then reboot if that fails 

you will need to contact a moderator to help you can do so by clicking the chat bubble 

you should get a response between 2 to 48 hours a reply should show up in your little envelope in the top right corner, you can also  send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here.

Need Help? Let's chat.