cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not in service suddenly

Alan2023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone just suddenly out of service today, I logged in my account which show already paid and still can use. Tried restart the phone, toggle airplane mode off/on still not work.  What should I do now? @CS_Agent 

6 REPLIES 6

@Alan2023 

It Is rarely an issue with the SIM unless it was damaged.

It could be a provisional/backend issue with PM end.

Just private message a CS_Agent and they can fix it at their end or look into the issue.

Click the envelope icon on your computer or the avatar top right corner.

Alan2023

@CS_Agent SIM card doesn't work on another phone still. And a different SIM card works on my current phone. I still can't use my phone at all. Is there a location I can go to in Markham, Ontario where someone can actually help me in person? Or send me a new SIM card to try. I don't understand why this is suddenly not working. I am paying for services that are not working.

Did you check devicecheck.ca? A new sim wouldn't likely fix the problem. Can you try the sim in another phone? Or another sim in your phone.

Alan2023

@CS_Agent I am not in the outage area. And have already re-inserted SIM card and restarted the phone. It is still not working. Is there a way to resend another SIM card, or is there a person I can talk to on the phone or see in person to figure this out? My bills are on time and my phone is not working at all. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alan2023 

There could be an outage in your area so check the outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Check devicecheck.ca to rule that out. Maybe re-seat the sim to make sure it didn't shift. Give it a little clean wipe (not chip oil fingers 🙂 )  for good measure while you have it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.