cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone not compatible

listentopete
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I tried to switch my daughter over to publioc mobile along with myself but didn't realize her Iphone SE would not be compatible. How do I cancel the transaction and reverse the number transfer process until I can get her a compatible phone?

Thanks Guys 🙂

Pete

14 REPLIES 14

Gwenel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an Iphone S and it works great with the system.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@listentopete wrote:

The phone just says "SIM card not compatible". I'm guessing its still locked to Virgin Mobile.

To confirm if it is unlocked.........

Have iTunes set up on a computer 

Attach phone to computer with USB/lightning cable

Start iTunes. 

See iPhone attaced

Do a back up

Then do a full reset (back to factory settings)

IF it us unlocked the last screen of this process will say Congratulations your iPhone is unlocked. 

If no message you will have to contact the carrier to unlock....it’s free.....carrier is.....same as SIM card brand that you removed. 

Restore phone. 

iPhoneUser

@listentopete wrote:

So I tried to switch my daughter over to publioc mobile along with myself but didn't realize her Iphone SE would not be compatible. How do I cancel the transaction and reverse the number transfer process until I can get her a compatible phone?

Thanks Guys 🙂

Pete

My SE has no issues. 

iPhoneUser

@listentopete wrote:

The phone just says "SIM card not compatible". I'm guessing its still locked to Virgin Mobile.

Can you try your new PM sim in another phone to verify?

iPhoneUser

@kselmak wrote:

I think you should contact Apple service and ask them to unlock it

You could also walk into an apple store they should be able to help you too

I believe you have to contact the carrier that sold the iPhone to unlock it. When you buy an iPhone from the Apple store it IS  unlocked. They have always sold unlocked iPhones. 

listentopete

I went through the process myself and no issues but hers ended up saying "SIM card not compatible". I think it's still locked to Virgin Mobile

The bad news is that your number is being ported and an account created. The next step is to set up a self service /my account .  Link here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca . And yes contact virgin for the unlock code.

listentopete

listentopete

I did activate the SIM card and ported her number. The credit card charge is pending. It's from Virgin mobile. I'm not sure if the phone has been unlocked or not.

@listentopete 

One of my lines is using the iphone SE.  It definitely works with Public mobile.  Just make sure that it is unlocked.  

What specific issues are you experiencing?  Maybe the line was not activated properly, etc...

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I think you should contact Apple service and ask them to unlock it

You could also walk into an apple store they should be able to help you too

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@listentopete , it is possible that the iPhone is locked to the source carrier if it was purchased from such a source.  You can speak to them to have the phone unlocked free of charge.  Otherwise iPhones are compatible with this service.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@listentopete the phone is 100% compatible according to here https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-se . Did you activate your SIM  and port the number? Then you will lose your number if you try to cancel the port. Was your credit card charged ? Which provider , and what type of account are you porting from?

@listentopete wrote:

Thanks Guys 🙂

Pete

boundless
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Pete - your daughter's iPhone SE should definitely be compatible with Public Mobile as long as it's unlocked. Are you getting an error when you try and use the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.