cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone message and otp

Philipdeerwood
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Dear all,

Iam not receiving messages or OTP from my bank and from my Internet provider.

Also, wifi often goes off and on

Something wrong with my phone. Would appreciate someone would rectify the phone problems.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Philipdeerwood wrote:

Dear all,

Something wrong with my phone. Would appreciate someone would rectify the phone problems.

Thanks in advance

@Philipdeerwood for Wifi issues contact your Wifi/Internet provider.

"Some banks will block sending OTP texts to mobile numbers that have recently been ported to a new carrier as a fraud protection measure, even if calls and regular text messages are working OK after a port. (In case of an unauthorized port) Banks monitor for changes in the "OCN" (operating carrier number) associated with a number.

After some amount of time it should start working again. Hopefully no more than a couple more days..."

See thread here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Not-receiving-One-time-password-af...

@Philipdeerwood wrote:

Wi-Fi isn't related to your Public Mobile service.  When it comes to to the one-time passwords, did you recently port this phone number over to Public Mobile. There have been some reports about these text messages not working for about the first 48 hours.

@Philipdeerwood 

1. What is the make and model of your phone?
  2. How long have you been a pm customer?
  3. What plan do you have?
  4. What is your OS?
  5. What is the last software update you have recieved?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Philipdeerwood 

Sounds like a phone-related issue if it's with Wi-Fi. (unless you mean to say, data)

Try:

• a reboot of device
  • make sure all device systems are updated
  • remove and reinsert SIM card
  • resetting network connections.

If this is a "NEW" issue which hasn't occurred before, you might wish to reach out to Moderators to inquire if there's issues with SMS which you haven't had previously.

Here's how to contact a moderator; there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Philipdeerwood What is your phone model?

Need Help? Let's chat.