cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Change Failed

Indigo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I changed my phone number earlier today to a different region from where I live, and stupidly pressed submit. Now, I have tried multiple times to change it to a number from my region but it keeps giving me this error:

"Phone number change failed."

Anly help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Indigo

10 REPLIES 10

dieseltrancuong

like you said, use another browser 👍🏻 Thank you.

dieseltrancuong

thank you.

@dieseltrancuong wrote:

@Mary_M 

I never change my phone number before yet but I cannot change it. It always show: PHONE NUMBER CHANGE FAILED! when I find a number I want.

Please tell me how I can fix it.

Thanks so much 😞

@dieseltrancuong  You have posted in an old thread and I'm afraid Mary_M is no longer working here.

You are allowed to change your number once every 30 days, so if you're unable to change it right now there may be some glitch in the system. 

You should clear your cache and cookies and try a different browser,  Also try incognito mode.  If nothing works submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Hearing back from moderators could take 2-48 hours

dieseltrancuong

@Mary_M 

I never change my phone number before yet but I cannot change it. It always show: PHONE NUMBER CHANGE FAILED! when I find a number I want.

Please tell me how I can fix it.

Thanks so much 😞

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thank you thank you Heart @srlawren

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Mary_M awesome service, as always.  🙂  you rock!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Indigo,

thank you for reaching out to us !

Although it is true that a phone number can only be changed once every 30 days, there are other measures we can put in place to make your services functional (such as upgrading your plan or activating an LD add-on). We've also received your private message, please allow us some time and one of the mods will get back to you !

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Thanks for clarifying @will13am, I wasn't entirely sure it was impossible for mods to do it, and couldn't find a post saying it for sure.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is no point in messaging the moderator team.  It is correct that there is a system limitation of one number change per 30 days.  So, gotta live with the mistake for 30 days. 

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Sadly, you can only change your phone number once every 30 days... And from what I remember reading there is nothing mods can do about it... You can still try to send them a message and see if they can change it for you: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You can use Google Hangout, Textnow or other similar apps to make and receive calls in the meantime...

Need Help? Let's chat.