cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Compatibility - iPhone 5S from France - ME437F/A -

Funtou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have an iPhone 5S from France with a current plan with Fido.

I'm looking to switch to Public and would like to confirm phone compatibility.

Here the details:

Model Name: iPhone 5S

Model Number: ME437F/A

Thanks a lot! Hope I can join the community 🙂

7 REPLIES 7

@gpixel wrote:

@Funtou yes this phone will work. make sure you get it unlocked from fido before proceeding

If the phone is from an authorized retaiiler in France, it wouldn't be locked to Fido. It would already be unlocked since it's already being used on a network other than the original.

@Jb456 wrote:

Freedom uses band 66 which maybe that's why it did not pass as I don't think your phone has that band.

Freedom Mobile customers do not absolutely need Band 66 compatibility to use the service. While it's idea ot have it, I would say that Freedom Mobile's primary service is still provided over HSPA and on band 4. They also now have LTE available on LTE bands other than band 66. On that note, Telus Mobility also uses band 66 for LTE.

Funtou

Awesome! Just did and it recognizes it as the iPhone 5S A1457 - thanks everyone 🙏

@Funtou 

Since public mobile is owned by Telus try Telus compatibility checker. It uses your IMEI number. 

https://mobility.telus.com/en/ON/phones-and-devices/devicecompatibility.shtml

Freedom uses band 66 which maybe that's why it did not pass as I don't think your phone has that band.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus!

Funtou

Sounds good, thank you so much, asking since this phone didn't pass Freedom phone compatibility. 

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This phone will be compatible with Public Mobile, especially since it works with another Canadian carrier. As long as it's unlocked it will work fine.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Funtou yes this phone will work. make sure you get it unlocked from fido before proceeding

Need Help? Let's chat.