cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment is being requested a day earlier than my Automatic payment

Talia67
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I fix this?? All our phones were deactivated today because payment was not requested from my credit card. I do NOT have any issues with my credit card...I just messaged them to confirm. My payments for Public Mobile usually come out on the 18th of the month, this is a day early....they are saying my payment didn't go through! However, they haven't even requested payment from my credit card.....Please HELP!

19 REPLIES 19

Cannot @Talia67 contact about the overpaid account and ask a MOD to spread it out?

@Talia67 

This info has been provided but here it is;

You will need to message them from each account,

You can get a ticket started by private messaging the mods here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Talia67

Thank you! I will top it up. In the meantime, how do I put in a tech ticket for this? Ironically, I'm the gal for tech tickets at my work! Go figure.....

@Talia67 wrote:

Good to know! I did not realize that this would/could happen.  I guess I will have to log into all 5 accounts separately to top them up. That's what I was trying to avoid. Such a nuissance. 

Absolutely every account is a separate entity. 

@Talia67  

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Talia67

Good to know! I did not realize that this would/could happen.  I guess I will have to log into all 5 accounts separately to top them up. That's what I was trying to avoid. Such a nuissance. 

Talia67

I have a credit card attached to my account with automatic pay set up. It did change dates before, I checked, I just wasnt paying attention to it in the past because I never had this issue before. I'm not sure why it hasn't requested my payment from my credit card yet. 

Talia67

Sorry....what is a mod? Are you referring to a moderator? How would I get a hold of one?

Talia67

Yes. Nothing works! I can't make calls or send/receive text messages. I got the text message from 611 that I received my 2$ reward for automatic billing, but that's it.

You are certain they are suspended...nothing works? You aren’t just looking at your accounts online and seeing “suspended” which is a part of the renewal process over night which goes away in the morning after account renewal.

AE_Collector

@Talia67  Known issue with Public Mobile's Auto-Pay system unfortunately it will fail on occasion to no fault of your own unless your credit card had expired.

The reality is that nobody here really knows why Auto-Pay will fail on occasion. If it worked in the past, your credit card is valid and you did not make any changes to your accounts then there isn't any reason why Auto-Pay should fail. It should work 100% of the time but unfortunately it doesn't.

Best to submit a ticket and ask them to investigate why your Auto-pay failed

In the meantime try to reactivate your accounts by using the manual payment option.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Talia67 wrote:

We have 5 phones being paid at the same time. I requested automatic payment so shouldn't Public Mobile choose when to take my payment out? I didn't choose the date before....it just comes out at that time. This is the first time this happened, so it doesn't make any sense. Automatic payment is just that...automatic. It is quite annoying.

I guess this was your lucky day then. How many of those 5 are the same amount? We've heard of cards being locked for fraud and so it's suggested to stagger renewal days when using the same card.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Talia67 wrote:

How do I fix this?? All our phones were deactivated today because payment was not requested from my credit card. I do NOT have any issues with my credit card...I just messaged them to confirm. My payments for Public Mobile usually come out on the 18th of the month, this is a day early....they are saying my payment didn't go through! However, they haven't even requested payment from my credit card.....Please HELP!

Have you made sure that your credit card on record has not expired? Or you did not update it in My Account?

@Talia67 wrote:

We have 5 phones being paid at the same time. I requested automatic payment so shouldn't Public Mobile choose when to take my payment out? I didn't choose the date before....it just comes out at tha t time. This is the first time this happened, so it doesn't make any sense. Automatic payment is just that...automatic. It is quite annoying.

Autopay sometimes fail that is why it is good to add funds to your accounts ahead of time and leave the cc on there for the $2 reward.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Talia67 Please ensure that for PM the payment cycle is 30 calendar days, not a month. Therefore, the day of payment will vary time to time.

Talia67

We have 5 phones being paid at the same time. I requested automatic payment so shouldn't Public Mobile choose when to take my payment out? I didn't choose the date before....it just comes out at that time. This is the first time this happened, so it doesn't make any sense. Automatic payment is just that...automatic. It is quite annoying.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Talia67 Sorry to hear that this happened to you.  It's a 30 day cycle, and if your account is suspended,  you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or Using 611 to make your payment: ( you need your 4 digit pin to buy an add on)
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Stay safe. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Do a manual top up or get a mod to fix for you. 

In future consider this. 

Prepay your account.

For your future use and thought. Since we all depend on our mobile devices we need to have reliable service so here is a method to insure yourself to avoid the insufficient funds situation. 

Manually pay 30 days ahead. Leave auto pay in place (just in case) as that alone gives you $2 off and if it is NOT used you will still get the $2 off. Then when you receive your text that your account has been paid, that then becomes your reminder to prepay again. Depending on the accumulation of any earned (vs expected) credits you may occasionally downward adjust the amount you prepay. Do a screen print of your text and treat it like a bill to pay. 

Copyright 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Talia67 wrote:

How many accounts are being paid by the same payment card on the same night?

Just as an fyi...the terms are 30 days...not monthly. So the renewal day wanders its way up in the month over time.

Need Help? Let's chat.