cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM $30 Plan For New Customers

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is this plan 1gig/30 days and 3gigs/90days?

13 REPLIES 13

Foxjig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone looking for PM referrals just send me a note guys I'll be more than happy to share. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo

PM can already take away plans and promos anytime they want.  They only need to honour prepaid contracts to termination (30 or 90 days), plus provide 30 day notice that things changed and renewal of existing plans won't be an option.

But I agree, "limited time" implies that you'd better buy it today, while you can, because it may be gone tomorrow ... and that it's unusual or valuable enough that you shouldn't dismiss it lightly.  Even though such marketing is (to my mind) distasteful and in this case entirely unnecessary.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Korthwrote:

"Limited Time Offer - New Customers Only"

Evidently PM wants more customers but is less interested in more ARPU.  Build some business.

This is actually a really great plan - unlimited Talk (within province) and unlimited Text (anywhere), enough Data to keep your phone updated and check out websites/maps/etc all you like (though not enough Data for social media addictions, video streaming, and massive downloading), really cheap.  This is exactly the sort of plan for exactly the sorts of customers that PM was built on ... a modernized "Legacy/Pioneer" plan.

I can understand why "New Customers Only" ... the plan fills a niche which competes favourably vs PM's other (similar) plans.  Sucks for us, but it is what it is.

I can't understand why "Limited Time Offer" ... why?  It should be kept around indefinitely and it should be proudly advertised, it provides a compelling alternative to what the other carriers are offering.

It's limited time so they can take it away whenever they want, might make people rush and decide (fear of losing out). Or they might just keep it forever but just call it a special do people think they are getting a deal.

"Limited Time Offer - New Customers Only"

Evidently PM wants more customers but is less interested in more ARPU.  Build some business.

This is actually a really great plan - unlimited Talk (within province) and unlimited Text (anywhere), enough Data to keep your phone updated and check out websites/maps/etc all you like (though not enough Data for social media addictions, video streaming, and massive downloading), really cheap.  This is exactly the sort of plan for exactly the sorts of customers that PM was built on ... a modernized "Legacy/Pioneer" plan.

I can understand why "New Customers Only" ... the plan fills a niche which competes favourably vs PM's other (similar) plans.  Sucks for us, but it is what it is.

I can't understand why "Limited Time Offer" ... why?  It should be kept around indefinitely and it should be proudly advertised, it provides a compelling alternative to what the other carriers are offering.

It's too bad that Public Mobile has chosen to not make this available to existing customers for a future dated plan change..

It would be perfect to meet my slightly changing needs. Not willing to ditch accumulated rewards and unused portions fo my add-ons at this point though (need to keep the number).

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korthwrote:

@Ludditewrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@Michael77wrote:

Pretty sure it is only available on 30-day.

Check out Build Your Own plan; $105 less 6 = $99 for 3 months. Not the first weird marketing/pricing strategy from PM, nor, I expect, the last.

New Customer Promo = $32 ($30 with AutoPay Reward), 30 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 1GB 3G Data

Build Your Own Plan = $90 ($84 with AutoPay Reward), 90 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 1.5GB 3G Data

Build Your Own Plan = $105 ($99 with AutoPay Reward), 90 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 3GB 3G Data or 1.5GB 4G Data

Not quite a perfect matchup, the promo looks like the best of these three options overall.

My wife is on that middle plan right now at least until Koodo SIM arrives in the mail Cat LOL

@Ludditewrote:

@canucks4lifewrote:

@Michael77wrote:

Check out Build Your Own plan; $105 less 6 = $99 for 3 months. Not the first weird marketing/pricing strategy from PM, nor, I expect, the last.

New Customer Promo = $32 ($30 with AutoPay Reward), 30 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 1GB 3G Data

Build Your Own Plan = $90 ($84 with AutoPay Reward), 90 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 1.5GB 3G Data

Build Your Own Plan = $105 ($99 with AutoPay Reward), 90 day, Province-wide Talk, International Text, 3GB 3G Data or 1.5GB 4G Data

Not quite a perfect matchup, the promo looks like the best of these three options overall.

Wonder_why

@Michael77wrote:

Thanks for your answers. Oh, so that is even better. Autopay for 30 days. Can you get a new phone number from PM?

@Michael77 of course new phone number, if new costumer sign in, but is there choice, is a steal $30 with 1GB Data 3G speed, for people don't used much Data

canucks4life

@Michael77wrote:

Thanks for your answers. Oh, so that is even better. Autopay for 30 days. Can you get a new phone number from PM?

Being that it is only for "new customers" I don't see why not just need a SIM.

@canucks4lifewrote:

@Michael77wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

canucks4life

@Michael77wrote:

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Michael77wrote:

Yes. Don't sign up for 90 days, there is no savings. Though some people prefer the flexibility of managing their data over 90 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.