cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIN lbocked, asking for SIM and PUK

ooferdoot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When trying to activate the newly aquired SIM card, the PIN was incorrect and now it is asking me for a PUK code, which i don't know where to find either. When calling support they ask for a 10-digit number which my account doesnt show. Any help appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

@ooferdoot

If you have a Samsung phone, you may be able to call Samsung directly for PUK code (some customers were able to do this option)

Here is a couple of warnings and their meaning: 

SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."
- This is asking for Samsung's "master code" - I got this after entering the wrong code for the message below too many times. Samsung and/or your previous carrier can give you this.

"SIM network unlock PIN"
- This is asking for your previous carrier's unlock code - just contact them with your IMEI and they'll give it to you easy peasy. If you enter this incorrectly too many times, you'll get the error message above.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ooferdoot

You need to contact moderator for PUK code.  expect 2-3 day wait though....

Here is some information on PUK code:

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

Need Help? Let's chat.