cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged - Mod help, please!

mint_cheesecake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I just activated with Public Mobile tonight on the $15+tax plan and see that I was charged double for $16.95.  The kiosk guy who was helping me activate had trouble with setting up autopay and asked me to enter my credit card twice, so I'm assuming that's what did it.  Could I please get a refund for the second $16.95 and also have any double autopay cancelled for future months?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

mint_cheesecake

Thanks!  I called 611 and my balance is now listed as $17.  Thank you for the help!

@mint_cheesecake wrote:

My credit card shows two $16.95 charges. 
This is what I see under my Transaction History:

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance

Dec 30, 2019AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Dec 30, 2019100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Dec 30, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Dec 30, 2019Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00

@mint_cheesecake  According to your payment history you have only been charged once. If you dial 611 from your phone does it report a $17 ($15 + $2) balance? If yes, then that amount will be used to pay for your next renewal. If no, then you were only charged once keep monitoring your cc transactions one of those charges should get dropped. If not, then submit a ticket to PM.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

mint_cheesecake

My credit card shows two $16.95 charges. 
This is what I see under my Transaction History:

Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance

Dec 30, 2019AutoPay Reward$2.00 $2.00
Dec 30, 2019100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk/100 MINUTES d’appel au Canada $5.00$0.00
Dec 30, 201930-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00$5.00
Dec 30, 2019Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit$15.00 $15.00

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake  Sorry, I've got nothing to add to the conversation about your current issue with the charges, but strangely enough, I'm all of a sudden getting a mouthwatering desire for dessert!!! 😆 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mint_cheesecake , check your self serve account payment history to confirm whether you actually were charged twice.  If so and the funds are in the account, I would suggest leaving it there for the next month's payment.  It takes quite a while to get a refund and by the time it is processed, you will likely have had to pay the next month.  Unfortunately, the system is not well set up for immediate refunds.  

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This happened to me, however once the credit card authorization went through one of the pending charges fell off.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mint_cheesecake 

Wait a few days to find out whether these 2 pending transactions was cashed by PM.

If yes, create a moderator support ticket to get $15 credit as available fund in your account using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mint_cheesecake  You don't have to worry about being double charged by AutoPay for future renewals because the system does not work that way. As for the cc charges you see online those are holding charges that get created each time you activate so it doesn't necessarily mean you will get charged twice.

Access your selfserve account and click on the payment history how many $15 AutoPay charges do you see?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mint_cheesecake wrote:

Hi!

I just activated with Public Mobile tonight on the $15+tax plan and see that I was charged double for $16.95.  The kiosk guy who was helping me activate had trouble with setting up autopay and asked me to enter my credit card twice, so I'm assuming that's what did it.  Could I please get a refund for the second $16.95 and also have any double autopay cancelled for future months?

Thanks!

Do you possibly see $15 in your Available Funds? There won't be a double autopay though.

Need Help? Let's chat.