cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overage charges?

dave
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've got to say: I really dig the idea of being able to pick and choose the voice, text, and data options I want, and not having to pay for what I don't. But here's what I'm wondering: What if I choose an option that's right for my ordinary use but I need to exceed that occasionally?

If I pick 1 GB of data, does my data cut off once I've used that? Would I then have to buy an add-on, and if so, does the add-on have a time-based expiraton? Or are there overage charges for additional use, and if so, what are they?

Similarly, if I don't choose an unlimited talk plan, does that mean my phone doesn't ring if someone calls me? Or is there a per-minute charge that I'd pay for occasional use?

Like I said, I really like all the ideas behind the new Public Mobile. I'm just not sure if the plans and price points are compelling enough that I would switch. Understanding how overages work would certainly help.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jmg135 $30 for 1GB or $10 for 200MB.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jmg135
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How much is a data add on?

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^With Being it Prepaid and having a Positive Balance on all cell companies can cause overages & pay per use charges for Data, Text & Calls. However the way Koodo Prepaid & PublicMobile has designed its Prepaid system, You will never ever have any Pay per use or overages what so ever.

Kilerpl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have plan with privince wide calling, voice mail, global text on my plan (28$) with preauthorized payments. I am however changing my credit cards and I have cancelled my preauthorized payment.

To avoid my phone number from getting blocked I have preloaded my account with 35$.

I did not have DATA add on on my plan however now it shows LTE connection.

Will I only get charged What I used to pay and everything thats not prepaid will be blocked or adding additional cash to my account unlocks data or any other services that i could be charged for ?

EDIT :

Never mind I found answer to my question. Everything is prepaid so it wont charge me

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Dave,

Great questions you have there! 

So to answer them, if you choose a plan that has 1 GB of data and you used up all that data, you will not be able to continue using the data on your plan, there is no overage charges as data would be cut off. 

However if that is the case you can go in your self-serve account and purchase a data add-on. The data add-on you would buy would not expire until its all used up.

For the calling options:

Province Wide: Incoming and outgoing calls anywhere in your province. If you decide to leave your province for example and your province is Ontario, and you decide to go to Vancouver, you will not be able to receive incoming calls, but you would be able to place a call anywhere in Vancouver.

Note: If your out of province your phone will not ring.

Nationwide: No restriction to zones and you can call unlimited anywhere in Canada incoming or outgoing.

Dave with any of our plans or add-on`s there is no such thing as overage 🙂

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

Need Help? Let's chat.