cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle tagging

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc, I promised to bring up the topic of having an oracle tagging system similar to how moderator team members can be tagged using the moderator_team label.  Such a system can be set up.  However, structurally it is not straightforward to do.  Moreover, the oracles would have to login using the oracle login instead of individual logins which causes other unwanted concerns.  Long story short, it ain't happening as there is not enough of a need to warrant going down that path.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope you are not disappointed.  I will offer you a plan B.  How about checking the users online and tagging oracles that may happen to be online at the time.  This will increase the chances of getting someones attention.  Here is the link for users online.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/forums/usersonlinepage/

10 REPLIES 10

@RobertQc wrote:

@computergeek541  That would be reasonable. I keep my status hidden because aliens.

Are you hiding from the Mobilicity aliens?  That is from a long time ago. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

Some people would consider this a prvacy issue, and since the option to disable online status reporting is made available to all members, the option would/should have to be removed from others as well.

@computergeek541  That would be reasonable. I keep my status hidden because aliens.

@Anonymous wrote:

@will13am 

Cool link to see them all grouped together but there's an option to hide online status. I do. 🙂

Maybe Oracles should, as a matter of course, leave their status option as on when on.

I've never really actively checked to see was online or not.  I've always had my onlne status as the default which is share the status to everyone.  I would imagine that most, if not all Oracles do share their online statuses, if not for any other reason that it's the default, and many customers don't realize all the possible settings that are available.

However,  after saying that, there really is no reason to compel Oracles to do this.  Oracles do not work for the company, and do not have any obligation to let everyone know when they are here or not.  Some people would consider this a prvacy issue, and since the option to disable online status reporting is made available to all members, the option would/should have to be removed from others as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc 

Sneaky pete...I see what you did there 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe Oracles should, as a matter of course, leave their status option as on when on.

@Anonymous  x2

and in..... 3... 2....1 .... in come the oracles who have invisible status....

Here we go.

*grabs popcorn*

Well...one can lurk anonymously and then log in and say something and then return to lurk anonymously 🙂

11.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  x2

Here we go.

*grabs popcorn*

Well...one can lurk anonymously and then log in and say something and then return to lurk anonymously 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous  x2

Here we go.

*grabs popcorn*

TrollFace.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am 

Cool link to see them all grouped together but there's an option to hide online status. I do. 🙂

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

@will13am  I did not know about this link, very cool.

Amazing that over 85% of the people viewing are not logged in, guests.

I know, some of them are bots 😉

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, I promised to bring up the topic of having an oracle tagging system similar to how moderator team members can be tagged using the moderator_team label.  Such a system can be set up.  However, structurally it is not straightforward to do.  Moreover, the oracles would have to login using the oracle login instead of individual logins which causes other unwanted concerns.  Long story short, it ain't happening as there is not enough of a need to warrant going down that path.  Sorry for the bad news.  Hope you are not disappointed.  I will offer you a plan B.  How about checking the users online and tagging oracles that may happen to be online at the time.  This will increase the chances of getting someones attention.  Here is the link for users online.

@will13am  Thank you good sir, I thought it to be a helpful suggestion to speed up editing of amateurs who post their login/password/phone number in a public forum. Really doesn't matter to me but appriciate the effort.

Need Help? Let's chat.