cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number porting from Bell - 6UT1, Not in service

cgap
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't seem to find any help, I signed up for Public this afternoon and I had to speak with a CSAgent via PM as when I created my account, I could not automatically port my number and I was not able to log in to my account. The agent provided me a temporary phone number and I had access to my account. I was told the number port would be initiated, I "left" my Bell eSim in, received my porting text, replied "YES" and after half an hour my Bell account was cancelled and no longer working, so one good sign so far.

As a note, I am porting from my Bell eSim to a new Public regular SIM.

It has been 5 hours now and no matter how many times I restart my phone, leave it off or remove the SIM card I am still assigned to my "temporary" phone number. My Bell service is cancelled according to the Bell app.

When I try calling my old number I get "6UT1 - The number you have reached is not in service" I have responded many times to the CSAgent at this point, but haven't heard back. I filled out a separate ticket as well. I ported using my Bell Account number and I've never had this happen to me before. Is there anything I can do?

1 REPLY 1

@cgap wrote:

I can't seem to find any help, I signed up for Public this afternoon and I had to speak with a CSAgent via PM as when I created my account, I could not automatically port my number and I was not able to log in to my account. The agent provided me a temporary phone number and I had access to my account. I was told the number port would be initiated, I "left" my Bell eSim in, received my porting text, replied "YES" and after half an hour my Bell account was cancelled and no longer working, so one good sign so far.

As a note, I am porting from my Bell eSim to a new Public regular SIM.

It has been 5 hours now and no matter how many times I restart my phone, leave it off or remove the SIM card I am still assigned to my "temporary" phone number. My Bell service is cancelled according to the Bell app.

When I try calling my old number I get "6UT1 - The number you have reached is not in service" I have responded many times to the CSAgent at this point, but haven't heard back. I filled out a separate ticket as well. I ported using my Bell Account number and I've never had this happen to me before. Is there anything I can do?

Posting a message here in the message forum will only be seen by other customers.  You'll need to keep discussing this privately with CS_Agent. 

Need Help? Let's chat.