cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Port Not Allowed

ratman12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Trying to move my number from an existing account on a different carrier but it won't work.

Any workarounds?

15 REPLIES 15

@kselmak wrote:

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en 

That link is for activation assistance. Since this member was trying to port in the self serve account, the account has already been opened. The activation live chat is run by Public Mobile store managers, and since the account has already been opened, they would not be able to help with number porting. They would be able to assist if the port in was being done during activation.

@ratman12 @Use this private message link to contact them directly 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Type "Port Request" in the subject message field.  You must have something in the subject message field in order to send your message.

ratman12

I've tried that and to log a ticket but keep getting Error 404.

If you activated your SIM @ratman12 you cant currently port from within your self service account.  You have to contact the moderators to port for you. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type " Port Request"  and follow the prompts to get to one 
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go to your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Give them your name on the account, telephone number to port and your Telus account number.

ratman12

Hi there! Trying to port from Teluls prepaid.

ratman12

It doesn't even get me anywhere after I click the button, just defaults to the error message. Also, trying to port from Telus. Didn't have account information needed when I signed up yesterday

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@ratman12  sounds like you might be transferring it over from koodo? If you are transferring a koodo prepaid number you will need to speak with  moderator.

@ratman12 porting from Koodo prepaid isn't allowed. You have to sign up with a temporary number and contact the moderators to port it for you. Which carrier are you trying to port from? Thanks. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

@ratman12 @i you must click on the ? bottom right corner ask Simon to speak with a moderator

@ratman12 wrote:

I tried this, but it won't let me sign in after just creating the account in the community.

Use this direct link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ratman12

I tried this, but it won't let me sign in after just creating the account in the community.

ratman12

yes it is. when I click the button "transfer number from another wireless service provider it says 

Unfortunately, this action cannot be performed. To transfer your number from another provider, please reach out to a moderator through our chat bot. To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link bit.ly/2GF1pHW and type in “port request”. This will put you in touch with our moderator team.

Which does nothing as it won't allow me to sign in and log the ticket fully.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ratman12 wrote:

Trying to move my number from an existing account on a different carrier but it won't work.

Any workarounds?

You can always contact a moderator for assistance:

To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@ratman12  hi your account needs to be still active is it?

Need Help? Let's chat.