cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from PayPay

gracekv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am having a strange problem.  I used up all my data already and now my phone is not receving any text message from PayPay.  If text messages from my friends, I get them ok.  Can someone help please?

7 REPLIES 7

amasood

You should try turning off your phone and turning it back on. It should work

@gracekv 

Was the texts from this company working before your data ran out?

gracekv

The text is coming in from the States I think.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dunkman I did a quick search for PayPay and found that it's a thing. Never heard of it before then. I don't know if they're related to PayPal.

Sorry, I assumed Paypal.  PayPay looks like a Japanese type payment company....   

I wonder if it worked before?  See what OP clarifies.  Some short code texts from outside Canada is not supported by Public mobile.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@gracekv wrote:

Hello,

I am having a strange problem.  I used up all my data already and now my phone is not receving any text message from PayPay.  If text messages from my friends, I get them ok.  Can someone help please?

@gracekv  "PayPay" ?

Do you mean paypal?

Were you getting messages from paypay before?

Did you port your number in or was your phone number a new selection when you signed up? If you ported in, where did you port the number in from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman wrote:

@gracekv 

Running out of data should not affect your texting.  You are still receiving texts from your friends.  

I did a quick google search and there have been reports from others outside Public mobile that also had issues with receiving texts from Paypal.  You might want to contact Paypal.  

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Not-receiving-verification-sms/td-p/1550085

@Dunkman I did a quick search for PayPay and found that it's a thing. Never heard of it before then. I don't know if they're related to PayPal.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@gracekv 

Running out of data should not affect your texting.  You are still receiving texts from your friends.  

I did a quick google search and there have been reports from others outside Public mobile that also had issues with receiving texts from Paypal.  You might want to contact Paypal.  

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/My-Money/Not-receiving-verification-sms/td-p/1550085

Need Help? Let's chat.