cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting signal?

gwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I started public mobile a couple months ago, in some areas I can't send or text even when I have bars, like I'll try to call then the bars disappear and a pop-up says there's no service.

The rest of my family is on Public Mobile too, and they aren't having any problems?

I have a google pixel 2?

please help

9 REPLIES 9

gwood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gwood 

Most likely a setting issue, hope you get back working soon. 

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gwood I also have a Pixel 2 but haven't experienced that issue myself. If I happen to be in the basement I am occasionally told that there is a bad connection by people I'm talking to.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try a network reset. reset the network  Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset Network Settings If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.    

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @gwood 

Sounds like phone issue

Is it just texts or data and calls too?

Can you try different texting app if it's only texts

Can you borrow one of the phones that works well on public and use it for a day or two, just to see if it's your sim/service or your phone

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@gwood in the areas when you are having problems try switching your sim with another family member to determine if its a PM or phone problem. Try in order:
1.Restarting your phone. Turn it off, remove the SIM card, reinsert it, wait 5 minutes and restart it.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

Se if this helps. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@gwood hi try putting phone in airplane mode for five minutes then reboot phone 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@gwood 

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gwood hello try a network reset

Need Help? Let's chat.