cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to send texts.

Judy5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have recently switched to Public Mobile from Virgin. We thought all was good, but we got a text this morning from PM saying that PM was not able to transfer our Virgin mobile number to PM. We thought it had transferred successfully as we had gone through the switch with London Drugs a month ago and have a print out showing our old phone was transferred. We don't have our phone on much, so were unaware of the problem.

We have now been assigned a new phone number from Public Mobile which seems to work for incoming/outgoing phone calls, but we can't send (or receive) texts. Help!

3 REPLIES 3

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Judy5

I know there are numbers that can’t be ported over. 
I would suggest you reach out to a CS_Agent and question why your number can’t be ported over by private messaging or SIMon chat on this page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Judy5 : Do you remember if you replied yes to a text on your Virgin SIM (in a phone)? Is your Virgin service working?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Judy5 You will need to reach out to PM CS_Agent as they are the ones to look into this issue. 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.