cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Receiving Some Calls

benjamd2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently discovered that a few different companies have been trying to contact me with job offers, but, when they try calling my phone (iPhone SE, iOS 13.2), they can't get through. They all say that they just get a dial tone. Although, other people have been able to contact me via cell phones. My thought is that there is an issue because they are calling from landlines—they are also companies that have an internal phone system with many extension numbers. I just want people to be able to contact me with job opertunites and make some money, lol. Suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Another possibility - do not disturb while driving feature

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208090

@benjamd2 wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@benjamd2 wrote:

I recently discovered that a few different companies have been trying to contact me with job offers, but, when they try calling my phone (iPhone SE, iOS 13.2), they can't get through. They all say that they just get a dial tone. Although, other people have been able to contact me via cell phones. My thought is that there is an issue because they are calling from landlines—they are also companies that have an internal phone system with many extension numbers. I just want people to be able to contact me with job opertunites and make some money, lol. Suggestions?

I have used iPhones for years, from a 4 to the latest 11. I noticed a very similar issue when I set up an iPhone 6 for my daughter on the $15 plan. Because of limited data I had it disabled which seemed to cause an issue with imessage when not on wifi. What I ended up doing was enabling imessage then data for only the phone app. This seems to work good with no calls being "not received". Not sure if you are in a similar situation or not. My iPhone on the $40 dollar plan always receives calls.

I typically keep my data off. It can't hurt to give this a try. 

Having "send as SMS" turned on seemed to work for outgoing calls when not on wifi with data disabled but there was issues like you mentioned for incoming calls. Not sure why.

EDIT: Of course this is a difficut error to duplicate unless you are able to get one of the numbers that you did not receive to call you again to confirm it is working after you change the data setup. Again, do not ask why iMessage affected calling capability.

benjamd2

@krazykiwi wrote:

@benjamd2 wrote:

I have used iPhones for years, from a 4 to the latest 11. I noticed a very similar issue when I set up an iPhone 6 for my daughter on the $15 plan. Because of limited data I had it disabled which seemed to cause an issue with imessage when not on wifi. What I ended up doing was enabling imessage then data for only the phone app. This seems to work good with no calls being "not received". Not sure if you are in a similar situation or not. My iPhone on the $40 dollar plan always receives calls.

I typically keep my data off. It can't hurt to give this a try. 

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@benjamd2 wrote:

benjamd2

I have no blocked numbers and I still get calls from telemarketers, so I think it's letting calls in that aren't in my contacts. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@benjamd2  Best to submit a ticket to Public so that they can investigate if in fact there is a problem with their network.

stpm-new.png

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@benjamd2 Check for any blocked phone numbers. Go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. Also, does the iphone have a setting to only allow calls from your numbers on your contact list?

https://www.techbout.com/allow-calls-only-from-known-contacts-on-iphone-38776/

Need Help? Let's chat.