cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No service due to expiry creditcard (card replaced)

lumi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys,

Appeciate your help in advance!

My creditcard was replaced. I forgot to change the card info in autopay. I received the following message yesterday:

"Public mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at..."

I found my phone no data or call service. I then changed the payment method, made payment to outstanding bill, and enabled autopay again. Now my account shows $0 due, and $120 in balance from my top up yesterday.

So far, still no data or call service.

I have PMed the question to moderator 24 hours ago, but have not received a reply yet. It would be great if someone could enlighten me about what I could do in my account.

5 REPLIES 5

dgage

Yes..if a payment is declined because of expired credit/debit card you have to go into your account and replace the expired card with your new one. Then you have to do a manual pay to get your service back even if you are on auto pay. For the next time payment is due it should auto pay if you are using that feature.

When I did it last week my service was restored right away when I did a manual pay.

lumi

Problem solved.

Here is what I did:

• I enabled the autopay with my new credit card yesterday, then paid the amount due according to the website: $10. No service
  • Today I paid $111, my regular 90-day payment, with my credit card, and my account is back.

Here is the learning:

• Changing payment method does not enable the system to charge the card immediately. I would have to manual pay the full amount in order for it to work
  • Public mobile account gives inaccurate amount due: $10. It's supposed to say amound due: $111.

@lumi wrote:

@ShawnC13

I PMed the moderator 24 hours ago. Still waiting for their reply.

Please find the screenshot below. The thing is there is no "pay with available funds" option. I can either pay by credit, or pay by vouncher. And, there is no amount due.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.11.18 PM.png

Ok, sorry to hear that from what I know of as of last night it is still an ERT of 48 hours

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lumi

@ShawnC13

I PMed the moderator 24 hours ago. Still waiting for their reply.

Please find the screenshot below. The thing is there is no "pay with available funds" option. I can either pay by credit, or pay by vouncher. And, there is no amount due.

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 12.11.18 PM.png

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@lumi wrote:

Hi guys,

Appeciate your help in advance!

My creditcard was replaced. I forgot to change the card info in autopay. I received the following message yesterday:

"Public mobile here. Your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment. Make a payment at..."

I found my phone no data or call service. I then changed the payment method, made payment to outstanding bill, and enabled autopay again. Now my account shows $0 due, and $120 in balance from my top up yesterday.

So far, still no data or call service.

I have PMed the question to moderator 24 hours ago, but have not received a reply yet. It would be great if someone could enlighten me about what I could do in my account.

if the funds are sitting in available funds going to self serve and go to make payment it should take that money from the available funds and apply it to your account

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.